Menu

Engine pre-luber opinions

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion Engine pre-luber opinions

• Creator
    Topic
    Tony01013Tony01013
    Participant

I’ve seen engine pre-luber systems on the market for years now. They basically have a reserve accumulator for pressurized oil and feed the oil back into the system before your start your car. That way, the car doesn’t have a “dry start” where, they say, most of engine wear occurs. What does everybody think about this? I think it could be a good idea. I wish somebody did a long term study of this to see whether or not it cuts down the engine wear. Actually, I don’t think it would be that hard to test. Just use a engine dyno with two identical engines, one with the preluber, one without, and run a like a thousand run cycles and see if there is any appreciable difference in bearing wear. Anyways, I digress. Besides, if it was such a good system, why don’t car manufacturers use it? Maybe they don’t want they engine to last forever, or maybe it’s just a waste of money.
      Let me know what you all think, especially you E-dawg.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

Its actually a pretty good idea but ihave zero experience with them.

Usually the anti drain back valve of the oil filter is ‘supposed’ to help with dry starts. Thats why i only buy quality oil filters C8-)

Tony01013Tony01013
        Participant

I know the drain back valve is supposed to hold the oil but eventually the oil will bleed out of the oil clearances. This is all hypothetical but I think it would be a good idea for my situation because some days I don’t drive my vehicle for a day or two straight. The preluber puts pressure into the system before it starts.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…