Menu

Eric’s brake spring pliers

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk Eric’s brake spring pliers

• Creator
    Topic
    hhdawrshhdawrs
    Participant

In Eric’s PT Cruiser drum brake video, he used

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      twiggytwiggy
      Participant

I did an Amazon search “long nose bent pliers” and several came up. Check it out and see if there’s something you like. Let me know I will get a set too.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

Amazon is actually a pretty decent site to spend hours viewing automotive tools S:)

hhdawrshhdawrs
          Participant

Quoted From dreamer2355:

Amazon is actually a pretty decent site to spend hours viewing automotive tools S:)

We use Amazon frequently for a large variety of ‘stuff’. Their prices are usually lower than local, we usually avoid the sales taxes, and they pay attention to customer satisfaction. I’m waiting now for an order for a non-contact tachometer and IR temperature gun. In a plain brown wrapper. A guy thingy.

I have looked there, but none seem to be like the Eric video pliers. I am heeding his new site video plea to not email him directly due to his work load, but to try the Forum first. The Mustang brakes I was relearning on are now done….Did I say I hate drum brakes?…. so the urgency is gone.

That being said, the RAV4 rear drummers are due for a poke about, so I’m hoping Eric or one of his unnamed site gurus pop in and respond.

Thanks to both of you for the fast responses.

Herb

TejasNWTejasNW
            Participant

He mentioned they were MAC. Quick search for long handled needle nose pliers…. Is this your tool?

http:// i176.photobucket.com /albums/w196/35mastr/MacToolsForsale034.jpg

(sorry posting link will not work. Copy and paste above address and remove the space behind the “// ” and .com)

P301801 11″ cutter plyer $25.00 each from this website:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/show … &showall=1

(no product plug or association)

twiggytwiggy
              Participant

After this thread started I noticed that on almost every video Eric appears to be using those pliers for many different tasks. I got to have a pair.

LonestartechLonestartech
                Participant

Most tool manufacturers make these long handled needle nose pliers in a combination of angles and straight I find Snap-on to be best when it come to these, although Mac and Matco make decent ones too. I have a set of Sears for the home tool box and their okay but for everyday use I wouldn’t recommend them. Just some fyi for you guys who only work at home. If you see a Snap-on truck or Mac dealer somewhere you can hop on the truck and buy from them too. they’ll gladly take your money, lol. Only difference is you’ll have to pay for the tools you purchase up front and in full where as if you worked as a professional mechanic they usually set us up on pay plans by the week. But trust me get their card and ask for a catalog and if you ever need something from them they’ll sell it to you. Good luck.

hhdawrshhdawrs
                  Participant

Oops…Sorry guys, my info thanks shoulda been to TejasNWB:*)

Herb, Full time Newbie

hhdawrshhdawrs
                    Participant

Quoted From twiggy02919:

After this thread started I noticed that on almost every video Eric appears to be using those pliers for many different tasks. I got to have a pair.

Hi Twiggy.

Exactly what I needed. Garage Journal is giving me registration fits at the moment, but I’ll get that sorted out myself.

Thank you for the excellent ‘what and where from’ details.

Herb

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…