Menu

ETCG Returns!

• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by JoeJoe.
  • Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I did a lot of thinking on my time off, here’s what I’ve come up with.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      rob jeffersonrob jefferson
      Participant

man, this is good news because i’ve always thought you could be overworking yourself. i mean, 3 videos a week is just spoiling us. i think 1 or 2 new items a week is plenty for most niche websites. some here might feel cheated by this news, but if you get fried you’re not going to be able to make ANY contributions.

as for adding staff…..that will be more interesting of a challenge….like, how does that work when you have to turn over control of the things you are used to managing? plus, the charm of this website, and you as a “product” or “brand” or whatever you want to say, is the personal touch. so maintaining that element is still important even when vastly outnumbered by your audience.

bottom line: you are in this now and it’s growing…..it may transform but you gotta ride the beast wherever it goes! plenty of ideas have grown beyond their original intentions and still kept their integrity.
        you can do it!!!

twiggytwiggy
        Participant

Thank you Eric for all the help you have given me through your video’s and this forum. I have saved thousands of dollars thanks to you. Instead of limping through until I can scrape up money for a repair, I can address it right away keeping my car in top condition all the time.

Plus I’ve come to enjoy working on my cars and this community of nice people here at ETCG.

I am looking forward to ETCG’s future and am excited what will be coming.

Keymaster

[quote=”twentyshots” post=56529]man, this is good news because i’ve always thought you could be overworking yourself. i mean, 3 videos a week is just spoiling us. i think 1 or 2 new items a week is plenty for most niche websites. some here might feel cheated by this news, but if you get fried you’re not going to be able to make ANY contributions.

as for adding staff…..that will be more interesting of a challenge….like, how does that work when you have to turn over control of the things you are used to managing? plus, the charm of this website, and you as a “product” or “brand” or whatever you want to say, is the personal touch. so maintaining that element is still important even when vastly outnumbered by your audience.

bottom line: you are in this now and it’s growing…..it may transform but you gotta ride the beast wherever it goes! plenty of ideas have grown beyond their original intentions and still kept their integrity.
            you can do it!!![/quote]

Thanks very much for that comment. It’s true, I was getting burned out and not enjoying it anymore. With this new direction I have a newfound excitement about the work which is good. I’m very conscious about my ‘integrity’ and it means something to me. I hope going forward I’m able to find the right people to help me maintain it. Growing ETCG hasn’t been easy, but it’s the best thing I’ve ever done and I plan to take care of it for as long as I can. It’s not about me so much anymore as it’s about the viewers and the people on this site. I hope to honor that fact every step of the way. Thanks again for your comments.

Keymaster

[quote=”twiggy02919″ post=56555]Thank you Eric for all the help you have given me through your video’s and this forum. I have saved thousands of dollars thanks to you. Instead of limping through until I can scrape up money for a repair, I can address it right away keeping my car in top condition all the time.

Plus I’ve come to enjoy working on my cars and this community of nice people here at ETCG.

I am looking forward to ETCG’s future and am excited what will be coming.[/quote]

You are the poster child for everything I’ve tried to accomplish with ETCG. I can’t thank you enough for your comment. That said, I hope to improve on what I’ve done to make it even easier to find what you’re looking for moving forward.

Thanks again.

619DioFan619DioFan
              Participant

Sounds great ! glad to hear you are getting into taking care of ” You ” of course you are an honorary member of Sterns gym here and if you need any ” tips or tricks ” regarding working out don’t hesitate to ask me. we want you to stick around for a very long time.

A toyotakarlIts me

Great to have you back Eric!!

A recharge of the batteries can work wonders. Especially when you get to stop for a second and really think about the future, instead of trying to figure it out while you are engaged with the present.

I don’t think some people understand how much editing and time it takes to do a good quality video. I am not sure if you work with the 10:1 ratio of filming to production, but after making some videos myself, I understand it is not just film it and post immediately…

Keep up the great work and best of luck with going to the Gym…. Exercise has always been like beating my head against a wall… It feels good when you stop.

Karl!

Keymaster

[quote=”619DioFan” post=56623]Sounds great ! glad to hear you are getting into taking care of ” You ” of course you are an honorary member of Sterns gym here and if you need any ” tips or tricks ” regarding working out don’t hesitate to ask me. we want you to stick around for a very long time.[/quote]

I still have and honor the shirt and hat. I hope by the end of the summer I’ll feel better about wearing them. That said I’m pretty much doing cardio 5 days a week and adjusting my diet accordingly. I’m not looking to get huge, just in shape. A shape other than round that is.

Keymaster

[quote=”ToyotaKarl” post=56624]Great to have you back Eric!!

A recharge of the batteries can work wonders. Especially when you get to stop for a second and really think about the future, instead of trying to figure it out while you are engaged with the present.

I don’t think some people understand how much editing and time it takes to do a good quality video. I am not sure if you work with the 10:1 ratio of filming to production, but after making some videos myself, I understand it is not just film it and post immediately…

Keep up the great work and best of luck with going to the Gym…. Exercise has always been like beating my head against a wall… It feels good when you stop.

Karl![/quote]

The work can be challenging at times but I’ve pretty much gotten it down to a science. That’s actually the problem, it’s become more like a job and I don’t like that. I think my plans to change things up a bit will pay off however. I think you’re going to get a much better ETCG by the time I’m done.

Thank you for your support and your viewership, you are appreciated.

JoeJoe
                      Participant

Funny thing about exercise-making it so that it’s not a workout but instead just part of your life. Best of luck on your new health plan and may it be something you look forward to or if you have to skip it, something you miss and go back to with a passion. Your health trumps everything. As always, thank you for the car repair info-such a great community here! I enjoy bringing my questions and challenges to this community of mechanics!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…