Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • ETCG was 2 blocks away and i didn’t know it!

ETCG was 2 blocks away and i didn’t know it!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge New Member Introduction ETCG was 2 blocks away and i didn’t know it!

• Creator
    Topic
    rob jeffersonrob jefferson
    Participant

hi car freaks-
      about a year ago i bought a 1961 dodge lancer out of the blue and it has really piqued my interest in cars….thing is, i have a pretty crummy knowledge of ANY car so i joined a slant six forum and started looking on line to bone up on learning a thing or two. as you might suspect, i watched some youtube videos and found this eric guy who was pretty casual and helpful.
      after about a year of watching videos every now and then and, through twitter of all places, i find out eric is in cincinnati also, which for some reason weirds me out. you never think ANYONE is in cincinnati. i don’t anyway. well that is just the beginning….

i watch these videos about him closing his old shop and hear some church bells that sound pretty familiar. he says “thanks harrison avenue” and i spit sprite out of my nose AND I WASN”T EVEN DRINKING SPRITE, because that’s right near my house. so now i’m really weirded out because, with methods that are not in any way to be confused with stalking (ok, i spent 5 minutes looking at his flickr account which had exterior photos of his shop), i figured out he WAS 2 blocks from my house! for 10 years! and i have lived here….10 years! i’ve probably stood in line at walgreens with him. what?

BUT NOW HE HAS MOVED! damn, man! now, i’m not saying i was going to be the pesky neighbor who wanders in to ruin every other video he’s making with a “whatcha up to, dude?” but i surely would have gotten some work done on my wife’s HONDA and my SUBARU! two cars he happens to know an assload about……are you allowed to say assload on here?

anyway, thanks for reading this far and i feel sorry that have wasted your brain power on it, but the coincidences are strange and think how cool it would have been….some of you have traveled a long way to meet this chap.

lastly, despite all of that, i still hope to learn a thing or two here.. love the new site. seems like a great community.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      mickblockmickblock
      Participant

You or your wife’s car could have been in an Eric Cook video.

Loser. :whistle:

I’m kidding hey look on the bright side, you still get to enjoy the videos and you still got a really nice hobby car.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

Welcome to the forums!

rob jeffersonrob jefferson
          Participant

[quote=”mickblock” post=31251]you still get to enjoy the videos and you still got a really nice hobby car.[/quote]

aw man, i love it. and, all things considered, it’s in great shape…

[quote=”dreamer2355″ post=31263]Welcome to the forums![/quote]thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…