Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Faint clicking noise when accelerating.

Faint clicking noise when accelerating.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Faint clicking noise when accelerating.

• Creator
    Topic
    willy johnsonwaleed
    Participant

Had this issue since I owned the car. Took it to dealership and they said they couldnt replicate the problem, but that one steel wheel was bent. Everytime I had gotten my winters swapped out on the same rims, no one said anything. Anyways still have the issue, and car is under warranty. Talked to different mechanics. I think it may be the cv axle inner joint. None of the boots are torn.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

I am assuming this is a rotational issue.
        First thought would be to jack up the vehicle and properly support it.
        Try spinning each wheel and see if the “clicking” occurs.
        If not, then making sure the vehicle is securely supported, start it and put it in gear and see if the “clicking” is present.

If both tests yield no results, it is happening while the suspension is under load.
        Which can be replicated by placing a hydraulic jack under each lower control arm with the car on jack stands and raising the suspension to normal ride height.
        Then repeat the tests above.
        Exercise extreme caution
        If this still yields no results..
        The only other parts that will need a complete inspection would be the wheel bearings and brake assemblies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…