Menu

Fairmont Suggestion

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Fairmont Suggestion

• Creator
    Topic
    Dave ReuterMechmann
    Participant

Hi Eric,

I just saw your latest video on the Youtube issue and how the Fairmont project has effected your following. Would it be helpful to abandon the turbo and go back to you original concept of a “mild sleeper.” Also keep it a road car and abandon the roll cage. Would this help you get the Fairmont project behind you faster and still have an awesome vehicle in the end? I really was into the Fairmont with Paul C and the original upgrades and I always thought the decision to add the turbo was a pretty big bite to swallow especially when you had to literally redo the complete suspension a second time. (I too miss your repair videos and you Fixing it Forward episodes.)

Anyway, I have my fingers crossed and wish you the best and I’ll keep watching (even your old reruns!)

Dave R

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Thank you for the suggestion, but I’m beyond the point of no return at this point. The only things I have left to do on the car are the roll cage, wiring, HVAC, and exhaust which I’m having custom made.

Also, keep in mind I have already shot more than 20+ videos of the work I’ve done so far. It would be a shame to throw all that away.

MarkMark
        Participant

I agree and add this — I personally love the Fairmont videos — and applaud the fact that your building a car, the way you want to build a car. This has had an impact on me so much I went out and bought a 1960 F100 and will be building it the way ( dare I say ) my “dream truck” looks, rides, and sounds, as the same as in my mind. So — Thank you for that !

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

Careful, it’s addicting. Yea, building the car, or truck, of your dreams can be very rewarding. Stay focused and keep at it. You might need to take a break every now and then, just don’t make those breaks too long.

Good luck!

kevin quinnkevin quinn
            Participant

Eric I am one of those who support the Fairmont project. I am into fox body cars and have learned a lot from you. I am in the process of rebuilding 7 different fox body cars ranging from converting 4 cylinder cars to V8 cars and restoring V8 cars with upgrades. Keep up the great work, I cant get enough fox body info. Kevin.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…