Menu

Fairmont Suggestions

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Fairmont Suggestions

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I have some plans of my own but they say that the more the merrier. I’m opening this thread to see what some of YOUR ideas are for the car. If nothing else it will be nice to see how you, the fans of the project, think.

Attachments:
    Viewing 7 replies - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ErinErin
      Participant

Well I will say – I am a bit jealous.
        Not so much of the car (though a nostalgic machine in that shape would be nice) but of the fact that someone can feel “at home” so much in their car especially for a lower amount of cash.

Many will call it “old school” but I prefer “nostalgic”.
        It is in good shape and with the low miles, you won’t have any worries.

zerozero
        Participant

You could always try to find a 5.0L Mustang Donor for the engine and suspension, depending on what you can find. I don’t think it would be too hard to find something with a decent motor and suspension upgrades.

I totally agree with the bit of suspension drop. Just enough so nobody notices. Throw on some wide rubber and make people wonder if you’re just some guy who threw rims on a Fairmont or if there’s actually something under there.

Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
          Participant

Hey Eric, saw your video on rebuilding the carburetor on your Fairmont and thought it was very well done. As you probably know these days most people end up just replacing the factory carbs with either an edlebrock or in the case of your Fairmont most people prefer a weber conversion kit. I was wondering if you had ever considered installing a weber conversion kit in the Fairmont at any point in the future. maybe when you get around to installing the aforementioned new engine?

MBCBABMBCBAB
            Participant

Eric. no disrespect intended but sell the Fairmont and get a real Mustang !!!!!!

Gary BrownGary
              Participant

[quote=”musiccity365″ post=124353]Hey Eric, saw your video on rebuilding the carburetor on your Fairmont and thought it was very well done. As you probably know these days most people end up just replacing the factory carbs with either an edlebrock or in the case of your Fairmont most people prefer a weber conversion kit. I was wondering if you had ever considered installing a weber conversion kit in the Fairmont at any point in the future. maybe when you get around to installing the aforementioned new engine?[/quote] Factory carbs are my preference. I could have got a edelbrock or holley but my 4 barrel quadrajet does just fine in the power department as well as fuel economy(which the truck needs all it can get). In any case, alot of people are scared of quadrajets because they don’t understand them so they call them “quadrabog” or “quadrajunk” which is sort of unfair considering these are the same people who just plop a holley or edelbrock on with factory settings and don’t tweak them nevermind rebuild them. A quadrajet can be black magic to some people…oh well. In Eric’s case, a dual carb setup would be advantageous due to the nature of an inline 6 engine. With a dual carb setup, the cylinders would be fed better. Of course, he’d need a new intake for such a setup. It’d be cool if he swapped in a 302 with a 4 barrel carb though I think.

Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
                Participant

If you saw his intro video to the fair mint you’ll know that he’s not a big fan of mustangs. But a mustang would also be very cool.

James O'HaraJames O’Hara
                  Participant

If you can swing it to get the parts for free.

Block – Chevy LSX 454 So many advantages to that block it is not even funny. Can be run as a carb or as EFI.
                    Air Ride Suspension – Cadillac CTS would probably be the best bet to rob the air ride out of.
                    Dual Turbo – Borg Warner with the first one having a waste gate to control pressure to the second larger one.
                    4 Wheel Disc Brakes – Something meant to stop a really heavy really fast car Cadillac CTS comes to mind again
                    Suspension – Double A-Arm in the front. It will help so much with control
                    Methane injection – Why because everyone uses nos. Most people have no clue about methane.
                    Clutch – double disc

You would need to upgrade trans, drive shaft, and rear diff obviously but, that I have no clue about atm.

Viewing 7 replies - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…