Menu

Favorite Tools

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Technicians Only Favorite Tools

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Some tools just work. They save you time and make you money. What tool or tools do you have that fit this description?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

For me I’d have to say my Mac hose pliers that get used for a lot more than just hoses, they also work on electrical connectors and getting things out of hard to reach places. I love those things.

I can’t forget about my #1 though, my pocket screwdriver. I often refer to this as my 11th finger.

Lastly my pen. All my income flows through my pen from the estimates I write to the checks I cash. It truly is mightier than the sword.

Col .Mantras=--=Col.Mantras=-
        Participant

I have a grabber snake from Matco with a light on the grabbing end. This thing has saved me many hours of RE&RE to retrieve something I dropped. I also use it to start bolts in hard to reach areas. A real sweet tool.

RafaelRafael
          Participant

Well for me that´s dificult to answer, lol:woohoo: I think the tool that it had saved my ass a lot lot of times, saved my skin and saved me from looking like a complete useless technician is my…….MAGENT PEN lol 😆 realy. in second place, my little metal craftman box with my 1/4 dices & my briefcase where I keep my scanner,diod lamp tester,voltimeter,my pencil solder & conectors and wires puff at last my mechs gloves

dreamer2355dreamer2355
            Participant

Pocket Screw Driver 😀

Elessar65Elessar65
              Participant

I keep losing my pocket screwdriver, the magnet keeps sticking itself to things and coming out of my pocket.

BruceBruce
                Participant

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=33220]For me I’d have to say my Mac hose pliers that get used for a lot more than just hoses, they also work on electrical connectors and getting things out of hard to reach places. I love those things.[/quote]
                  Yep, those things work. I like them.
                  I picked up a SO BJP1 ball joint press kit at the start of this year. Wow! I wish I knew about this thing sooner. It beats the heck out of my OTC set.

blacK20blacK20
                  Participant

[quote=”Superman” post=38173][quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=33220]For me I’d have to say my Mac hose pliers that get used for a lot more than just hoses, they also work on electrical connectors and getting things out of hard to reach places. I love those things.[/quote]
                    Yep, those things work. I like them.
                    I picked up a SO BJP1 ball joint press kit at the start of this year. Wow! I wish I knew about this thing sooner. It beats the heck out of my OTC set.[/quote]

The BJP1 is definitely the cats meow of ball joint presses. My otc press gets me by and at over 600 bones, I’ll have to put that on my christmas wishlist for now 🙂 Maybe one day when I have no other tool I want to buy!

KennethKenneth
                    Participant

i would say the gear wrench always come handy also i don’t own this tool but i will tommorow it look like a most that i will have it in my tool box it would be the new craftsman Max Axess Socket and Ratchet Set

Matthew StrangeMatthew Strange
                      Participant

For me it’s something very simple, my 24″ 1/2 inch drive Snap-on breaker bar. Not many tight suspension bolts can resist this baby 🙂

JohnJohn
                        Participant

My Snap-On wire crimper/cutters and Cornwell self adjusting wire strippers. Most of the time I’m twisting wires, so these are invaluable.

stingray66stingray66
                          Participant

mine is 18 volt fuel Milwaukee 1/2 impact and 12 volt 3/8 ratchet Years ago if you told me That I could use a battery powered tool that would do a good job I would have told you were nuts BUT I bought these this year Used the heck out of them and they have made a believer out of me love them

Dermott cartyDermott carty
                            Participant

For me its my 1/2 in ratchet knuckle bar, awesome and it can take some serious torque

BruceBruce
                              Participant

[quote=”stingray66″ post=39144]mine is 18 volt fuel Milwaukee 1/2 impact[/quote]
                                Is that already out? I didnt think the M18 fuel 1/2 impact was out yet. I will have to look for it

Chris111179Chris111179
                                Participant

My all time favorite tool has to be my IR 1/2 impact gun, I bought it broken for 25 bucks put 10 dollars in o-rings and a put a new anvil on it and it works like new.

DavidDavid
                                  Participant

These. Snap On PWZ3. Works great on stubborn tie rods. even had a couple oil drain plugs so tight that this was the only thing to get them out. other than that my pocket screwdriver

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…