Menu

Favorite vehicle make

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars Favorite vehicle make

• Creator
    Topic
    sunvairsunvair
    Participant

Corvair………..preferably 65-69 but earlies

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BruceBruce
      Participant

Ford man here.

BruceBruce
        Participant

Ford man here.

JordanJordan
          Participant

Pontiac RIP

JordanJordan
            Participant

Pontiac RIP

ChevypowerChevypower
              Participant

For what it’s worth: I grew up on GM. Specifically old Chevy Muscle. I’m not into anything other than GM, and really uninterested in anything other than Chevy. Sure, if I had the time and the money, there’s tons and tons of NON Chevy and even NON GM cars that I would love to build. But time and money are limited, so the GMs are the cars for me.

I have talked to more professionals who prefer GM than any other brand. Most of them have said it’s becuase they’re 1. More dependable, and 2. Easier to work on.

I don’t get into FoMoCo Vs GM with mixed company because it becomes all-out war. Just like Religion and Politics.

Every company (and each of it’s subsidiaries), has it’s ups and downs. Some makes have better brands within the brand. Some models are better than others even though they are supposed to be virtually the same. Some years are better, some decades are worse, and some generations are better overall than the next.

For me: I prefer GM over the rest. I prefer Chevy to other GMs. I would rather have a Camaro than a Chevelle, and I don’t care for Corvettes.
                The Pontiac Firebird is – for all intents and purposes – the same thing as the Camaro, but some people tend to prefer the Ponti. Why? IDK.

I’d rather have a 69 Camaro, but would settle for the 67 or 68 just as well. I prefer 1st Gens followed by Gen5, Gen 3, Gen 2 and Gen 4 is my least favorite.

The 73-87 Truck body is my favorite, and I believe it was the 80 model year that saw the mid-generation face lift. I’d prefer a later year.

I like most GMC trucks over Chevys, but I like Blazers over Jimmys. I’d rather have the 1988 and up generation of Blazer than any other generation.

I’d buy a Chevy Suburban before I bought a GMC Suburban or Yukon XL. I haven’t cared to figure out why, but GMC seems to flop back and forth between calling it a Suburban and a Yukon XL.
                I’ll take a Yukon over a Tahoe, and forget the Cadillac Escapade – as I call it.

Truth be told, I prefer Hot Rods, Rat Rods, and even Street Rods over everything else. I would build most of these with a Ford body for the appearance, and Chevrolet parts for the rest of it because I want my Hot Rods to run and drive and win drag races. There are plenty of Chevy Hot Rods and a couple of MoParts that I want to build, but time and money will dictate that the better looking Ford bodies would get built first.

For Led Sleds and Kustom Kruizers, I’d build Mercurys with Merc flat heads for the purposes of paying proper respect to the history of these cars.

Any American name plate from the 1980’s is widely considered to be junk except for the trucks which as far as I know, maintained quality.

In a nut shell, I’ll say this: Everyone’s taste is going to differ. I am the ultimate Diehard GM fanatic, but my first car build will be a 32 Ford 3 Window Coupe body. I would then like to build a 69 Camaro Pro Street. And then if they existed in 1987: A GMC High Sierra crew cab, long box NON-DUALLY pickup built for wheelin like you wouldn’t beleive with a CAT C-7 ACERT motor and an Eaton Manual transmission. No, I will not put stacks in the bed. It’s a GMC, NOT a Peterbilt. I would follow that up with a nearly stock rebuild of a 70 Chevelle SS454 LS6 with the Muncie Rock Crusher.

To each his own. As long as it’s Faster than a bat outta hell, and safe enough to drive again, I love it. I will never understand spending multiple thousands of dollars on rimz for a car that isn’t worth a couple hundred dollars. I don’t “get” rimz.

ChevypowerChevypower
                Participant

For what it’s worth: I grew up on GM. Specifically old Chevy Muscle. I’m not into anything other than GM, and really uninterested in anything other than Chevy. Sure, if I had the time and the money, there’s tons and tons of NON Chevy and even NON GM cars that I would love to build. But time and money are limited, so the GMs are the cars for me.

I have talked to more professionals who prefer GM than any other brand. Most of them have said it’s becuase they’re 1. More dependable, and 2. Easier to work on.

I don’t get into FoMoCo Vs GM with mixed company because it becomes all-out war. Just like Religion and Politics.

Every company (and each of it’s subsidiaries), has it’s ups and downs. Some makes have better brands within the brand. Some models are better than others even though they are supposed to be virtually the same. Some years are better, some decades are worse, and some generations are better overall than the next.

For me: I prefer GM over the rest. I prefer Chevy to other GMs. I would rather have a Camaro than a Chevelle, and I don’t care for Corvettes.
                  The Pontiac Firebird is – for all intents and purposes – the same thing as the Camaro, but some people tend to prefer the Ponti. Why? IDK.

I’d rather have a 69 Camaro, but would settle for the 67 or 68 just as well. I prefer 1st Gens followed by Gen5, Gen 3, Gen 2 and Gen 4 is my least favorite.

The 73-87 Truck body is my favorite, and I believe it was the 80 model year that saw the mid-generation face lift. I’d prefer a later year.

I like most GMC trucks over Chevys, but I like Blazers over Jimmys. I’d rather have the 1988 and up generation of Blazer than any other generation.

I’d buy a Chevy Suburban before I bought a GMC Suburban or Yukon XL. I haven’t cared to figure out why, but GMC seems to flop back and forth between calling it a Suburban and a Yukon XL.
                  I’ll take a Yukon over a Tahoe, and forget the Cadillac Escapade – as I call it.

Truth be told, I prefer Hot Rods, Rat Rods, and even Street Rods over everything else. I would build most of these with a Ford body for the appearance, and Chevrolet parts for the rest of it because I want my Hot Rods to run and drive and win drag races. There are plenty of Chevy Hot Rods and a couple of MoParts that I want to build, but time and money will dictate that the better looking Ford bodies would get built first.

For Led Sleds and Kustom Kruizers, I’d build Mercurys with Merc flat heads for the purposes of paying proper respect to the history of these cars.

Any American name plate from the 1980’s is widely considered to be junk except for the trucks which as far as I know, maintained quality.

In a nut shell, I’ll say this: Everyone’s taste is going to differ. I am the ultimate Diehard GM fanatic, but my first car build will be a 32 Ford 3 Window Coupe body. I would then like to build a 69 Camaro Pro Street. And then if they existed in 1987: A GMC High Sierra crew cab, long box NON-DUALLY pickup built for wheelin like you wouldn’t beleive with a CAT C-7 ACERT motor and an Eaton Manual transmission. No, I will not put stacks in the bed. It’s a GMC, NOT a Peterbilt. I would follow that up with a nearly stock rebuild of a 70 Chevelle SS454 LS6 with the Muncie Rock Crusher.

To each his own. As long as it’s Faster than a bat outta hell, and safe enough to drive again, I love it. I will never understand spending multiple thousands of dollars on rimz for a car that isn’t worth a couple hundred dollars. I don’t “get” rimz.

TravisTravis
                  Participant

I currently own a 1964 Corvair Monza 900 4 door. They are very cool cars!

TravisTravis
                    Participant

I currently own a 1964 Corvair Monza 900 4 door. They are very cool cars!

TravisTravis
                      Participant

My absolute favorite make would have to be GM. My dream car is a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. My father had one with the 455 HO engine! No it was not a formula T/A, but it did have the big engine.

TravisTravis
                        Participant

My absolute favorite make would have to be GM. My dream car is a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. My father had one with the 455 HO engine! No it was not a formula T/A, but it did have the big engine.

joseph bullockjoseph bullock
                          Participant

gm for sure.

joseph bullockjoseph bullock
                            Participant

gm for sure.

JustinJustin
                              Participant

Old mercs specialy the w126 and w202

JustinJustin
                                Participant

Old mercs specialy the w126 and w202

radiocallettersradiocalletters
                                  Participant

Subaru

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…