Menu

filling gas tank

• Creator
    Topic
    owl1201owl1201
    Participant

I have a 2000 Olds Alero GL V6 and when I go put gas it always stop fillins as it was full and its not. I looked a the filler hose and its not bent. Do you have any idea what it could be

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      rice400rice400
      Participant

when you check the gas gauge after its “full” is it close to full or is it way off? If its pretty close than usually its just because of the shape of the tank or something like that. When I fill my truck the gas nozzle will click off like its full but it doesnt quite show a full tank on my guage. What I do is just pull the nozzle up a lil bit and just add another gallon or so to the tank.

ChrisR1987ChrisR1987
        Participant

You might have an anti-siphon spring or flap thats bent. I had an 02 Blazer that I inadvertently bent the anti-siphon flap and spring one day adding HEET and I had a heck of a time filling the tank afterwards because of the bent flap it would restrict the flow of fuel in and cause the pump to click off.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

It just might be the valve that was mentioned either sticking or not opening as it should, it’s designed to prevent fuel from coming out of the tank in the event of a roll over.

RedeemerRedeemer
            Participant

I have somewhat the same issue with my contour, On mine its the filler flap. Not sure if it will help you or not, But next time your at the pump try turning the nozzel upside down. It might look stupid, and ya might get some looks, But I know a few people that have to do this regularly to fill their tank.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…