Menu

First Car I Ever Owned

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars First Car I Ever Owned

• Creator
    Topic
    SteveSteve
    Participant

I’m an ole’ 45 year-old guy now (at least I feel old) and was reminiscing the other day about my first car. I was 16 years-old and my dad went to an auto auction and surprised me by coming home with a 1975 Chevy Camaro! (This was in 1984). He totally surprised me by buying me a car. Dad was a coal miner and made good money but we were strictly middle-class folks. Anyway, the Camaro was 6 cylinder, color was between red and orange, not quite “Dukes of Hazard” General Lee orange but kind of close. It wasn’t a hot rod or anything, just a Camaro that looked pretty darn good (to me at least). As I remember it, it never had any real mechanical issues other than some rough running that I could usually address in the carburetor (why, oh why did the car companies take our carburetors away!!). Anyhow, I’ve always thought that I should try to search to find whatever happened to that ole’ lovable car. I saw many a good times with my High School sweetheart in that car B) but we are divorced now after 20 years of marriage 🙁 . Anybody ever track down their first car to see what happened to it or where it is now??

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      tom Specetom Spece
      Participant

1978 Buick Electra 2 door with a 350 and duel exaust Sweet

Dick SweigardDick Sweigard
        Participant

Mine was a 1950 Hudson Pacemaker! Followed by a 1957 Rambler, then a 1949,50 51 52 Ford convertible (some assembly required). Several others, then a Fiat 400D (a real fun car). A 1957 Ford Galaxy 500 with black lacquer paint ( a real classic, wish I had it now. Some more and now I drive a 2010 Tundra 4×4, the Cadillac of trucks. Guess my age is showing here.

Dick SweigardDick Sweigard
          Participant

My brother has a 1971 Rivera Gold with 80,000 original miles.

BenjaminBenjamin
            Participant

my first car was a 91 grand marquis. might not be the oldest or most exotic car, but that 5.0 had some power. it handled well, no real problems with it until i lost it. i am definitely getting another one at some point. it was worth the 600 dollars it was bought for. it’s my avatar pic

BillyBilly
              Participant

My first car was a 1986 Mazda RX-7. What a pile it was. It all started when my father and I were discussing the rotary and I said, ya know Id love to work on one. Sure enough we passed one for sale for 500 that day. Primer gray, no exhaust (rotaries are quite possibly the loudest engine on earth with only a big gaping exhaust port and no valve) and a heap of other problems. So Dad stopped and talked to the guy, drove it around the neighborhood, and we went home. The next day while I was at school he went and picked it up, having bought it the night before unbeknownst to me, and when I got home there she was. It may have been ugly as sin, but to me it was the most beautiful car on earth. Sadly he passed away before we finished it, and I totaled it 3 years later. Ive had more than a few since, including a mint 89 convertible and a mint 90 gxl, but I didnt love any of em as much as that ugly primered beast.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…