Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Ford fiesta runnig rough, engine light

Ford fiesta runnig rough, engine light

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Ford fiesta runnig rough, engine light

• Creator
    Topic
    hambaghambag
    Participant

Hi, so my sisters fiesta has started to run rough. We have checked almost everything eg: injectors have been ultrasonically cleaned, replaced plugs, checked leads, removed o2 sensors and cleaned them, checked fuel pump/filter.

Dont really know what else to do. Since we replaced the plugs the engine did run better but the engine light is still on. Also the car wont rev past 4k.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MattMatt
      Participant

Check for some basics. Vacuum leaks come to mind first off. Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CPqbaSgcok

As noted in the video, be careful and have a fire extinguisher handy. Good luck.

college mancollege man

can you post the trouble codes. what year is the car engine size and mileage C8-)

hambaghambag
          Participant

Quoted From Beefy:

Check for some basics. Vacuum leaks come to mind first off. Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CPqbaSgcok

As noted in the video, be careful and have a fire extinguisher handy. Good luck.

i saw that video, don’t have a fire extinguisher thou.

Its a 1.6l DOHC ecotec motor, 160 thousand kms. I don’t have a code reader but a friend did have a look at the start and it was coming up as a misfire.

college mancollege man

try removing the MAF and cleaning it with crc MAF cleaner. does the car smooth out under acceleration?C8-)
              to search for vacuum leaks. use a spray bottle filled with water and use the procedure in the video.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

You might also do a power balance to see if it’s one or more cylinders that is causing the problem.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAOmUjAjNjE

hambaghambag
                Participant

thanks fro all the tips, my mate came around we cleared the engine light and ran the car a little. The light did not come back on, however when we shut it off and tried to start it again it came on (the check engine light) turns out the battery was not clamped down good enough, a loose connection was kicking back fault codes.

All is well now, thanks all!

college mancollege man

Thanks for the update and fixC8-)

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                    Keymaster

I love it when they’re easy and don’t cost money. Thanks for posting your fix and for using the ETCG forum.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…