Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Ford FiF Hood Cable, Fuel Smell Fix, Headlight

Ford FiF Hood Cable, Fuel Smell Fix, Headlight

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Ford FiF Hood Cable, Fuel Smell Fix, Headlight

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

We made serious progress with the 1998 Ford Contour in this video. By the time we’re done, it’ll be good as new.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      SeegalGalguntijakSeegalGalguntijak
      Participant

But why has the video been taken down before I could even notice it was there? I only noticed that, for a Friday, I was missing something – ETCG…

Keymaster

[quote=”SeegalGalguntijak” post=153500]But why has the video been taken down before I could even notice it was there? I only noticed that, for a Friday, I was missing something – ETCG…[/quote]

Fixed now. There were issues with the original upload.

Kazuo KuroiKazuo Kuroi
          Participant

Fantastic work Eric on getting the Contour (nearly) back to ship shape. Hopefully, Jeff will have many good years of service out of that car. Honestly with you being in the salt belt, I’m surprised I don’t see massive amounts of rust on the cars.

martin sorensenmartin sorensen
            Participant

How do you open the hood when the hood latch cable has snapped?
              i´m having that problem with my ford transit of same age, and i know that
              the contour and transit share parts, even if its a van 🙂
              there is no advice in the service manual 🙁

Dave TidmanDave Tidman
              Participant
                Keymaster

[quote=”fordtransit” post=153583]How do you open the hood when the hood latch cable has snapped?
                  i´m having that problem with my ford transit of same age, and i know that
                  the contour and transit share parts, even if its a van 🙂
                  there is no advice in the service manual :([/quote]

I had to unmount the hood latch assembly from the body. That’s the reason the grill was broken off the rest of the way. It was already partly broken when it showed up BTW.

In the future you can post your repair questions to the Service and Repair thread.

asetoftoolsasetoftools
                  Participant

was awesome to see the zipties used in the exact shadetree way i use them. I heart fix it forward for money saving tips like that. Why go to the wrecker when you got zipties!!!!

Leon AlexanderLeon Alexander
                    Participant

This video left me with a question, and I’m sure probably many others know, I could also just google I suppose, but I’m here and maybe someone else may wonder as well.

In the first video you took off the grill to access the hood latch because without the battery/starting, it wouldn’t open. If the whole latch assembly as seen fixed here is mechanical and cable driven, how does power factor into it opening or not opening?

Keymaster

[quote=”Xander” post=179024]This video left me with a question, and I’m sure probably many others know, I could also just google I suppose, but I’m here and maybe someone else may wonder as well.

In the first video you took off the grill to access the hood latch because without the battery/starting, it wouldn’t open. If the whole latch assembly as seen fixed here is mechanical and cable driven, how does power factor into it opening or not opening?[/quote]

I’m not sure what you mean. The hood cable doesn’t need any power to operate. I think I was referring to starting the car in the first place. I couldn’t get the hood open and it didn’t have any power. Therefore it was difficult to get on and off the tow truck.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…