Menu

Forum cleanup?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Forum cleanup?

• Creator
    Topic
    DavidDavid
    Participant

So a number of the forums (Common Problems/Pattern Failures and the how-to forums, in particular) are being used as general question/answer forums, instead of the general forum – would it be possible to do a little cleanup and move the threads in those (and other) forums into the proper one? I don’t know how easy that is to do on whatever system that is being used for this board, but on other boards the moderators move things around routinely.

It’s annoying to look for pattern failures and have one or two topics buried in 3 or 4 pages of random questions! 🙁

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Those topics are not actually in those threads. They have been moved as indicated by the blue arrows next to the posts. If you click on one, you’ll see that it opens in the correct forum. It was done that way so that a ‘ghost’ of the topic would be left where the original poster put it so they could find the answers to the questions they were asking.

I do agree however, there are quite a lot of them.

DavidDavid
        Participant

Bummer. Too bad the links to the original post don’t disappear after a few months or something like that… the original poster could always go to their “My ETCG” tab and see a table with all of their posts to find them…

Thanks for the heads up about the blue arrows – will make it much faster to skim through the forum!

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

You can also use the search function to find information. That way you don’t have to worry about the ‘clutter’ in the threads. I’ll talk to the developer about making the posts change after a given amount of time, but I have a felling I already know the answer.

Thanks again for your input.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…