Menu

Fuel delivery issue

• Creator
    Topic
    Melissa StrongMelissa Strong
    Participant

1991 cherokee 2.5 5 speed 103k original miles but sat for a long time.. ive had it since 95k

It was making a noise on start I thought was a pully going bad. We had bad weather so wet or cold seemed accurate when the noise stopped for the most part after warming. Was driving 65 70 on the highway and heard a loud noise, it quit and wouldnt start. It has a full tank. The engine was wet and may smell slightly of fuel. It wants to start and someone that stopped to help said it sounds like it isnt getting fuel and suggested a pump. I dont see anything hanging, nothing is dripping on the ground under it. The oil level is fine, coolant level is fine. Gas tank is still on full. It was sluggish at acceleration especially in 4th gear.

Interestingly, i have a similar issue in my 2001 ford f250 super duty but that may have been tampered with.

My mechanic is my husband and he is currently in hospital with a stroke.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Melissa StrongMelissa Strong
      Participant

Also, when I left the hospital and while I was waiting for the tow, there was a spot under the tail pipe.. and it was sputtery while i drove it while it had the pulley type sound.

I need to know if I can fix it with a new part and maybe an oil change. Im guessing pressure regulator

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…