Menu

FUEL FILTER ?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums FUEL FILTER ?

• Creator
    Topic
    mikemike
    Participant

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE THE FUEL FILTER IS LOCATED ON A 1999 HONDA ACCORD 2.3 CYLINDER 5 SPEED ? AND IS IT EASY TO INSTALL THANKS 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      smwsmw
      Participant

Hmm, got a server error and didn’t post first time.

From what i understand about the Accords, 98 and up, the fuel fitler may actual be an inlet screen inside the fuel tank, and isn’t the routine maintetance item. Usually only replaced if damaged, or when replacing the fuel pump or dropping the tank. Before then, pre 97, they were located in the engine compartment, driver side of the firewall, below the master cylinder and to the rear of the strut tower. I’d check around there first and if you don’t see it then it probably is in the fuel tank and shouldn’t be worried about. Hope i send you in the right direction.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

Don’t bother, it’s lifetime and does not require replacement. Aside from that I think those years were located in the tank anyway and are not accessable.

mikemike
          Participant

thanks guys 🙂

mrgormanmrgorman
            Participant

Thanks for jumping in with a response Eric. Save me from a huge hassle of trying to replace the fuel filter.

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
              Participant

What was your reason for wanting to replace the fuel filter anyway?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…