Menu

Grand Prix filling problem

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Grand Prix filling problem

• Creator
    Topic
    BlackGPGTBlackGPGT
    Participant

Hey people,

First off, I’m digging the new forum Eric, good work banana:

Car is a 02 Grand Prix GT 3800 naturally aspirated, has 82K ticks and runs like a bear (this is a good thing) For sometime, don’t know how long exactly, no matter what pump I use or what station I go to, I can’t pump gas without the pump kicking off after about half pressure on the trigger. In order for me to pump gas without the pump kicking off, I have to pump gas very slowly and barely any pressure on the trigger. Basically I have to trickle the gas in. Filling the tank takes me every bit of 10-15mins. Car is not leaking gas so if air is a problem I don’t see how? Any ideas?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BillBill
      Participant

Is there any warning lights on. (Engine light) ?

Kevin CriswellKevin Criswell
        Participant

BlackGPGT

Where do you live? Here in TN get what are often called “mudd dauber” wasps, they love to build mud nests in fuel tank vents. From what I can see, your set up, vents through the evap main vent tube

Looks like your tank does not have a separate vent line like most do. The canister on top handles the venting of the fuel tank during fill up.

Attachments:
          BlackGPGTBlackGPGT
          Participant

Wysetech – No warning lights

Raistian77 – Thanks for the link. I live in northcentral OH. I took a closer look at my gas cap and filler neck. All I did was a poke a flashlight in there holding the flap with a screwdriver. Didn’t see anything built up in there. Something stuck in the filler neck itself possibly? I guess it would make sense because if the gas is building up in the filler neck and not allowed to flow into the tank, then the pump would think the car is full kicking it off? Just randomly thinking.

Kevin CriswellKevin Criswell
            Participant

[quote=”BlackGPGT” post=75498]Wysetech – No warning lights

Raistian77 – Thanks for the link. I live in northcentral OH. I took a closer look at my gas cap and filler neck. All I did was a poke a flashlight in there holding the flap with a screwdriver. Didn’t see anything built up in there. Something stuck in the filler neck itself possibly? I guess it would make sense because if the gas is building up in the filler neck and not allowed to flow into the tank, then the pump would think the car is full kicking it off? Just randomly thinking.[/quote]

See where the arrow is pointing? That should be your main vent

Attachments:
            Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…