Menu

hard brake pedel

• Creator
    Topic
    automechanicautomechanic
    Participant

I have a 2003 Chevy cavalier 2.2L LS, what I’m experiencing is a hard brake pedal, any ideas?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Joeseph MamaJoeseph Mama
      Participant

I would test for vacuum leaks around the brake booster. Additionally, I would test vacuum pressure at the brake booster; I think it should be around -18mg” at idle.

BretBret
        Participant

Yea could have something to do with the brake booster which is the big black round thing that the brake master cylinder is attached to

But is the pedal hard when it is running or if the cars off if its when the car is off that’s normal
          and also does the brake pedal kinda sink when you have your foot on it and start the car that could give you an idea if its working or not at all

automechanicautomechanic
          Participant

I did all the vaccum tests on the brake booster every thing tested out good it only gets hard when driving and I checked the check valve on the brake booster too

jeep72jeep72
            Participant

sounds like a brake booster problem

automechanicautomechanic
              Participant

I checked the back brakes there is a leaky wheel cylinder and the drums slid right off I’m going to change that and adjust the brake and see what happens.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                Keymaster

A mechanical issue like the rear brakes falling apart can cause a problem like that. Keep us posted on how things go.

Rickey GreshamRickey Gresham
                  Participant

my money is on a bad booster but anytime you have brake problems the entire brake system need to be check.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…