Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • hello all the way from South Africa-need advice urgently

hello all the way from South Africa-need advice urgently

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion hello all the way from South Africa-need advice urgently

• Creator
    Topic
    johnjohn
    Participant

Hey guys,
      currently driving a 98 civic ek b16 dohc vtec.
      she puts such a smile on my face however i think its time to go for a bigger car..

so iv joined the forum is hope to find some help.

I have my eye set on a 2007 honda accord CL9 K24 auto
      the autos in South Africa are almost 20-30k cheaper than the manual hence me looking at the auto,that 20k i could use on upgrades like suspension etc.

I heard the accord k24 cl9s have a very weak auto trans?is this true? because ultimately id like to turbo the car one day but still have her as my daily,boost to around 280whp. some sites say the auto trans can handle it if i upgrade the torque converter and add an oil cooler while others say that im wasting my time the trans will blow up…

i just want a nice boosted daily auto that isnt crazy on power so around 280whp is perfect for me…
      any suggestions or personal experiences on these autos will mean allot.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

Welcome to the forum.

Steven ASteven Adjei
        Participant

Hi, automatics transmission can be costly in repairs as they age.
          Even in the US, it is costly to maintain them. I will go with a standard transmission and just do some few upgrade to the suspension to handle extra
          Horse power you are going to generate with the turbo. Good luck in your on your project.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…