Menu

Hello from the South.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge New Member Introduction Hello from the South.

• Creator
    Topic
    BrianBrian
    Participant

Hello…
      Just wanted to say I have on recently found ETCG on YouTube only because I never had time to surf on the internet very often… till recently. First off his videos have been a great refresher for me, I use to do many of my own maint. back years ago with my older vehicles and before my personal tools got stolen since that time I have had to rely on mechanics… (For the record there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, I have two of the best I use) but using two of the best also can come with $$$ aka..paying someone else! They treat me right and have done right by me on many occasions, however I am getting to a point in my life where I am wanting to get back into auto mechanics which looking back is something I should have done about 8 years ago when I first thought about getting into that field. I can’t say what I do but I do work for the Govt. and to be honest I would rather be doing mechanic work… believe me the term “Good enough for Govt. Work” is not just a catch phrase it’s a reality. I want to feel like what I do really does matter and actually see the results of my work, hopefully with the customers I would be working with…. I use to get that in my job but since I was switched to a different dept. I don’t get to see that, therefore feel disconnected.

Now as for auto stuff I use to be a Die Hard GM guy specifically Pontiac Trans Am / classic GTO’s, but… well that is very much history now isn’t it. I was in the market for a muscle car back in late ’03/ early ’04 and started looking at the ’04 Pontiac GTO hey LS1 with 350 hp why not? Well after I saw it…. Boring! Then a friend of mine had been driving around in a customer’s ’03 Ford SVT Cobra “Terminator” that he had done some work on to test it and I happen to catch a ride back to his shop in it, yup that pretty much did me in. Since that time I have been around everything from Ford GT’s, Roush 427 R’s, Saleens, and GT500’s, 2000 SVT Cobra R’s (Actually only one Cobra R they are rare and I was lucky enough to actually be around a real one.).
      I currently drive around in a 2006 Ford Mustang GT Coupe it has been modified and dyno tuned… and for everyday vehicle a “Classic” ’98 Mazda B2500 pickup that needs a little TLC.

Anyways, thanks Eric and keep the videos coming…. I love watching them in my spare time.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

Welcome to the forums. 🙂

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…