Menu

Help!

• Creator
    Topic
    TravisTravis
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m new here and I need help trouble shooting so roughly 3 days ago I cleaned out my throttle body with CRC throttle body cleaner & stupid me I used a ridiculous amount.. I’m a bit of a extremist I did not use the whole can. But aleast half of it. now my car won’t start it turns over but doesn’t start I replaced the spark plugs today in attepmt to see if it made any difference nothing happened what do I do?
      2000 Honda civic EX

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Andrew LarsonAndrew Larson
      Participant

Half a can is a lot of fluid. I would guess you cleaned it on the car? Did you remove/disconnect any connectors?
        I would remove the plugs again and inspect them. If they are wet, then there is still some throttle body fluid in the cylinders. In that case, i would leave the plugs out to let it evaporate.

CharlesCharles
        Participant

Pull one plug and see if it is wet. If it is, take the plugs out and crank the engine a little and let it air out over night. Also prop open the throttle body. If you have compressed air use that as well.

TravisTravis
          Participant

The plugs are wet. I took them all out and proped open the throttle body to let it dry overnight well see in the morning but what made it worse i think is that I read somewhere else someone told me to try cranking the engine and press the gas pedal to the floor to initiate the “clear flood mode” but maybe it flooded it even more

subhobrotosubhobroto
            Participant

What’s your location?

If you are near me, I’ll come by and help.

Do you have an electronic throttle body (do you see any metal wires/cables near throttle body or is it all electrical cabling)?

A 2000 Honda civic is likely a drive by cable, so it should be OK to open it up and see if it’s moving. If you flooded your engine with gas, there are some good suggestions on how to clear the flood.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…