Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Help is this exhaust rust unrepairable

Help is this exhaust rust unrepairable

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Help is this exhaust rust unrepairable

• Creator
    Topic
    lukeluke
    Participant

So as you can see on attached images the welds have become slightly rusty. What can i do to save or . are they likley no good?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

unfortunately welds do rust, its the nature of the beast. If they are not leaking your good. If there are leaks
        and the pipes are still solid. Grind the old weld and re weld. Otherwise nothing to worry about.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
        Participant

If there are no leaks …
          You can simply clean off the surface rust them apply some high temperature primer and paint to help slow the process.

lukeluke
          Participant

[quote=”college man” post=204258]unfortunately welds do rust, its the nature of the beast. If they are not leaking your good. If there are leaks
            and the pipes are still solid. Grind the old weld and re weld. Otherwise nothing to worry about.[/quote]
            Here’s a closeup do you think this needs grinding? As I have no idea I tried to wire wheel it with drill but can’t get anymore

lukeluke
            Participant

[quote=”nightflyr” post=204259]If there are no leaks …
              You can simply clean off the surface rust them apply some high temperature primer and paint to help slow the process.[/quote]
              Here’s the best I can seem to get it with wire wheel do you reckon it’s to bad or maybe if paint..
              I have no idea you see

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
              Participant

Might try a hand held wire brush, tough to work a powered wire wheel into those tight places.
                Might also try a rust converter prior to any high temp primer and paint.

college mancollege man

looks like pin holes are happening. Since the exhaust is out. Call a local muffler shop and bring them the exhaust
                  and have them fix the welds.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…