Menu

help major leaking

• Creator
    Topic
    angelangel
    Participant

My Mercury marquis 1994 has been over heating. I have a major leak, possibly a hose. I took a picture of the leaking car, could someone please where the leak come from.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

I don’t see a picture? Pressure test the cooling system.

angelangel
        Participant

Sorry about the picture it didn’t upload. I went over to the part store & they told it wasn’t a hose but a freeze plug, & depend on it’s location, if would difficult to change out. I’m been looking for diagram on my car’s engine. Thankyou for any advice.

Stian WexalStian Wexal
          Participant

Haynesonline have the book for this car. I think you can download it to…

angelangel
            Participant

I found out how to replace them. I can’t seem to find a diagram of a engine showing the freeze plugs. any suggest would help, thank you in advance.

SteveSteve
              Participant

Not sure that I would take a parts store guy’s word for it but I’m fairly sure that is located underneath the intake manifold where the hose goes into the housing for the water pump. Don’t quote me on that though 😉

angelangel
                Participant

Ur right, I took to a mechanic for advice. It was leak behind the engine block, making think it was a freeze plug. But the mechanic saw the broken heat pump where u describe. I was told u had remove the intake manifold & starter to get to it. thanks again.:)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…