Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • High idle rpm just after throttle body cleaning in Honda Fit Hybrid 2014 model

High idle rpm just after throttle body cleaning in Honda Fit Hybrid 2014 model

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here High idle rpm just after throttle body cleaning in Honda Fit Hybrid 2014 model

• Creator
    Topic
    NaumanNauman
    Participant

My Honda Fit Hybrid 2014 model has developed 1200 idle rpm just after cleaning of throttle body as a measure of preventive maintenance recommended by my mechanic. Now he is unable to adjust it. There is no engine light, and scanner is unable to adjust it. It has resulted in poor gas mileage. Can someone suggest measures as I have visited many mechanics and they do not understand what has happened. They say just change the throttle body.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

Did you do the work, or did your mechanic do it? If he did it, per his own recommendation, then he is responsible for fixing whatever he broke.

NaumanNauman
        Participant

Mechanic did it. But he is simply not able to understand what has happened. Idle rpm is 1200 and very poor fuel consumption at low speeds.
          I want to know what happened during throttle body cleaning which developed this fault.

Dave TidmanDave Tidman
          Participant

+1 on relative4’s response. If your mechanic can’t figure it out, the onus is on them to get it fixed even if they have to take it to the dealership and pay for it. (and get you a loaner car while they figure it out).

This is why I would never do a TB cleaning until it is indicated. Drive by wire TBs can be very fragile. I’m thinking the throttle plate was forced open during cleaning and may have damaged the motor assembly. What is live data showing for actual vs. desired throttle plate angle?

Billy AndrewsBilly
            Participant

Some TB electronics can be ruined by the wrong cleaning chemicals.

NaumanNauman
              Participant

Well. The mechanic is not able to figure it out. There is no check light. But idle rpm is 1200.
                Can someone tell me what is normal idle rpm of Honda Fit Hybrid 1.5 L.

NaumanNauman
                Participant

How can I confirm what actually has happened? The mechanic is unable to figure it out.

Billy AndrewsBilly
                  Participant

You will need to take it to a competent mechanic. Good luck getting the first yahoo to pay for that. It may be as simple as replacing a ruined throttle body, but I don’t advocate firing the parts cannon on your own dime.

Tyler RauTyler Rau
                    Participant

I’ve cleaned around the throttle blades at work on Nissans. 90% after the clean it needed what Nissan calls it, an idle air relearn. Factory scan tool can do it and maybe a few very high end none factory can. See if Honda can do something like that, or the first person that was going to fix it needs to do it. Hope you didn’t mess with that screw in the throttle body, those are factory calibrated when made and are not to be moved.

willy johnsonwaleed
                      Participant

Had that happen on a nissan too before. I never like to mess with electronic throttle bodies anymore, dont want to risk ruining anything or having to go to the dealer to do a relearn.

Antonio C MichaelAntonio C Michael
                        Participant

I would take it back to the mechanic that messed it up and explain to him that he messed it up and that he needs to either fix the problem or he needs to drive it to the dealer and explain what he did to the dealer and then he needs to pay the dealer to fix it dont fo out buying parts and throwing parts at it on your dim if the mechanic cleaned the throttle body and now there is a problem the mechanic is liable by law to fix it or he needs to give you your money back

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…