Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • High-Pitched, Leaky Windshield Squeal at Freeway Speed

High-Pitched, Leaky Windshield Squeal at Freeway Speed

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here High-Pitched, Leaky Windshield Squeal at Freeway Speed

• Creator
    Topic
    ElliotFriendElliotFriend
    Participant

Details:
      2001 Ford Escape
      2.0 L engine
      Manual Transmission
      Front-wheel Drive

For a while now, my windshield has had a terrible squeal on the windshield. It seems to show up around winter, and I manage to forget about it the rest of the year. It only occurs if I’m going faster than ~55mph.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

It sounds like you have a sealing issue with the windshield as you have already pointed out. How does the weather stripping look?

This repair may have to warrant a new replacement windshield as well as new sealer and weather stripping. You can see if any auto pars store sell any type of epoxy that may help you out.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

It does sound like a sealing issue, unfortunately the only way to “fix” it is to remove the windshield and reseal it. I do have a solution. Try putting some tape (electrical tape works pretty good for this) around the outside of the windshield in the area where you suspect the air is coming in and you will be able to ‘deflect’ any air that might come in and cause that noise, this will also verify that you have an air leak there if the noise goes away.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…