Menu

highway speed vibration. (65-75mph)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here highway speed vibration. (65-75mph)

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan OlsonDan Olson
    Participant

I have an 05 kia sorento 4×4 manual trans. I am getting pretty good vibration at starting about 65mph and it quiets down about 75mph. Was hoping somebody had some idea as to what may be causing it. I have new tires and have had alignment done. Don’t want to start throwing parts at it if not needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      davedave
      Participant

I have new tires and have had alignment done.

you should get all 4 tires balanced.. more specifically, “road force” balanced.

even if they balanced your new tires, you still could have easily lost a weight.

DarrenDarren
        Participant

Sounds like a tire out of balance. Have them balanced on a road force machine that applies force on the tire tread.

Dan OlsonDan Olson
          Participant

Will the standard tire shop have that capability or is it specialized?

DarrenDarren
            Participant

Most good tire shops have them. Don’t quote me on this, but I think all discount tire and belle tire shops have them. Where did you get them?

Dan OlsonDan Olson
              Participant

I got them at Discount tire.

DarrenDarren
                Participant

Just take the vehicle back there and ask them to balance check them on the road force. It’s free and only takes a few minutes. (provided they’re not super busy)

Dan OlsonDan Olson
                  Participant

I will do that and get back to post the results. Thx for your help.

SteveSteve
                    Participant

I agree sounds like the tires are the issue.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…