Menu

honda accord 1986 ( 1.8L (Auto)vibration

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here honda accord 1986 ( 1.8L (Auto)vibration

• Creator
    Topic
    mamusprintmamusprint
    Participant

I’m having problem with honda

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MattMatt
      Participant

Eric has always said that when it comes to PCV systems on a Honda, spend the extra buck on a Honda OEM part. Just relaying the message.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

It’s actually normal for oil to get into the air filter housing on that engine, I believe there is a separate filter you can change in the air filter housing that can help correct this problem or lessen it but as the engine gets more miles on it it will have more blow by causing the residue to be in the air filter housing via the fresh air intake to the PCV system. That said I would also recommend that you check for vacuum leaks at the base gasket of the carburetor and the intake gasket, these gaskets sometimes fail when they get old and can cause performance issues when they do.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CPqbaSgcok+

mamusprintmamusprint
          Participant

Dear all,
            Thank you very for your advice. As requested to search for any vacuum leak,Below is my finding.
            1.Base on diagram attached line no 25 at confection are leaking due rubber hose broken
            2.Of the air filter also broken due to contact to oil. ( 6 month old )
            3.While search for any loose contact of hose i found that item no 25 ( beside item no 19 red colour ) was broken.
            while dismantling the vacuum valve item 17 also broken.
            For temporary i have used 2ton glue to stick it back. I need to order for the parts.as this car are too old,it’s take time to order for the spare parts.
            For time being,after glue that parts my car engine slightly stable.the vibration reduce alot.May be I need for engine tuning.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

Well done thanks for posting your ‘fixes’. I don’t think you need to get special vacuum line to repair those as they sell vacuum line in bulk and that should work fine for your purposes.

college mancollege man

Thanks for the update. good work on finding the problem. C8-)

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                Participant

Thanks for keeping us upto date! And +1 with Eric’s suggestion on buying the hose from an auto parts store. Most sell hoses by the foot.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…