Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Honda Civic 2001 eu8 stalling when it’s warm

Honda Civic 2001 eu8 stalling when it’s warm

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda Civic 2001 eu8 stalling when it’s warm

• Creator
    Topic
    Danijel PekovicDanijel Pekovic
    Participant

Hello!

Here is the interesting problem that I’m facing with, and don’t have a solution for it. Hopefully you guys can help me.
      Here is what is happening:
      During the summer time (or when it is above 22 degree C) after about 20 minutes of driving, my Honda stalls. No matter if I’m on the stop light or driving, it just shuts down. If I try to start it again, it just keeps cranking, or if it starts, immediately turns off again. If I let it cool down, approximately 20 mins or half an hour, everything is fine, but again, next day, same story.
      So far, I clean the throttle body, EGR valve, IAVC valve, change the spark plugs, check for the vacuum leaks, change the crankshaft sensor.
      I was thinking that maybe it’s one of the ignition coil, fuel pump, or the TDC sensor, but before I do that stuff, I wanted to ask for your opinion.
      I put the OBD scanner (cheap ebay scanner) and when the problem occur it showed me the P1361 code – TDC sensor intermittent interruption, but I don’t know if I can trust to that scanner.

During the winter period, car is acting perfect.

What is your opinion?
      Thanks in advance!
      Peka

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tim RoweTim Rowe
      Participant

I’d check, when it stalls, if you’ve lost spark or fuel. If spark, I’d suspect the ignition control module. Which can be removed and tested at the parts store. Just make sure you remove the heat sinc, then have them test it several times(I had to ge hot when it fails).

If its fuel you’ve lost. Then, is the fuel tank at least 1/4 full? If not, add gas. If it is, I’d suspect the fuel pump. Good luck!

Danijel PekovicDanijel Pekovic
        Participant

Thanks for the reply!
          I had the fuel tank full.

How should I test if I’ve lost a spark? And do you know where is located the ignition control module?

The engine is D16v1 1.6 vtec 110 hp.

Regards!

Tim RoweTim Rowe
          Participant

Best way is get a spark tester, they’re a couple bucks at the part store. Remove the coil pack, put it on the tester, attach tester to ground. Crank..should see a nice blue spark. if you do, then I’d check for fuel pressure. If You don’t, then…then either the ignition control module is failed(if it has one). Or the signal coming from ecm is no good.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…