Menu

Honda Civic 2005 1.7 Misfire

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda Civic 2005 1.7 Misfire

• Creator
    Topic
    EmmanuelEmmanuel
    Participant

Hey there. I’m having a intermittent issue with my car. Sometimes, when I start it, it misfires briefly then runs smooth again. It has no trouble codes except for a bank 2 o2 sensor but it’s been like that for a few years now since it has no cat. I haven’t checked anything yet and I’m about to service spark plugs. Before anything I wanted to ask here to see if someone has experienced this problem before. Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      gabe collinsgabe collins
      Participant

Never would hurt to do spark plugs and a general tune up. After that and it still missfires start looking around or do a power balance test. Eric did a good video on how to do that but it’s hard diagnosing problems that periodically show themselves

EmmanuelEmmanuel
        Participant

Yeah, I guess that’s the whole problem, it just happens for a few seconds then smooths.

gabe collinsgabe collins
          Participant

Does it cause any performance issues and does it do only when it’s cold?

EmmanuelEmmanuel
            Participant

I don’t have performance issues, it acts up just a few seconds when I start it then goes away and the weirdest part is that it doesn’t do it everyday, just some times like let’s say twice a week.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…