Menu

Honda CR-V 98 P1399 Pending Code

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda CR-V 98 P1399 Pending Code

• Creator
    Topic
    stevesteve
    Participant

I have a 98 Honda CRV that had P0104 and P0103 and P1399 codes. I replaced the plugs and wires with no change. I performed a compression test on all four cylinders and results seemed fine.

Compression Test Results:
      Cylinder 4 – 160(Dry)/200(Wet)
      Cylinder 3 – 150(Dry)/185(Wet)
      Cylinder 2 – 145(Dry)/190(Wet)
      Cylinder 1 – 150(Dry)/160(Wet) I think i used less oil in this test then the rest

I just replaced the Distributor Cap and Rotor and have yet to see it throw the P0103 and P0104, though when i pulled my Codes i got a Pending P1399. The timing is spot on. I also did a spark test and i do see spark on the wires.

I dont think the valves have been adjusted so i might need to do that.

I also tested the resistance on all four injectors im getting about 12 ohms on all of them.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Good job on the work that you’ve done so far. I will say this, especially with Hondas you need to make sure you use quality parts on the ignition system. If not, you may not get the best results.

The fuel system would be the last on the list of suspects. It’s very rare that Hondas have fuel delivery problems.

One of the first things that I would check for is vacuum leaks. Especially around the intake gasket.

If it’s an automatic, you may have an issue with clogged EGR passages. I believe you’ll only find an EGR on the automatic models.

More information, including how to check for vacuum leaks can be found in this article.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-automotive-performance-issues

Keep us posted on what you find.

howard phoward p
        Participant

Evening,
          Fan of your youtube videos.
          I have a
          2001 Honda CRV with fault code P1399 and P0141.
          Ive replaced
          Plugs
          Leads
          Cap and rotor
          Fuel filter
          All above as general maintenence.
          I replaced the valve cover gasket and adjusted the valve lash too.
          Cleared all the faults but still code present and car symptoms are
          Erratic idle
          Pops/back fires when accelerating
          Ive also replaced the idle air control valve but bypass the coolant hoses to it as i live in a very hot climate year round.
          If you could point me to a direction to look at id greatly appreciate it.
          Thank you

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…