Menu

Honda crv brake lights

• Creator
    Topic
    cupnoodles2cupnoodles2
    Participant

Hellow guys, im concerned because none of my brake lights is turning on, i checked the fuse with a multimeter and its working unpluged the third brake light ( the one thats screwed to the rear glass and conected my multimeter and there’s no current flowing there when i hit the brakes so i wonder what it is, maybe its the switch? i mean i tried pushing it and it pushes and retracts without any problem so then im not sure of whats going on.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      djdevon3djdevon3
      Participant

Check for voltage on the switch itself when pushed in and out. You could temporarily take the switch out of the loop and connect the positive lead and the load wire coming from it and see if that activates the brake lights.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

It is common for the brake light switches to have a problem, I’m not saying you should just replace it but I would start by removing the connector and checking for power, if you have power at the switch then the switch is probably bad, if you don’t have power then I would check the fuses again as the tail lights and brake lights are on 2 different circuits.

cupnoodles2cupnoodles2
          Participant

Quoted From djdevon3:

Check for voltage on the switch itself when pushed in and out. You could temporarily take the switch out of the loop and connect the positive lead and the load wire coming from it and see if that activates the brake lights.

i had that in mind but i didnt wanned to take that off, on my car thats really deep inside thedash board and u can only feel it not see it but i guess ill give it a shot thanks 🙂

twiggytwiggy
            Participant

Also make sure power is getting to the input side of the switch

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…