Menu

Honda CRV Gen 1 Brake Light Bulb

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda CRV Gen 1 Brake Light Bulb

• Creator
    Topic
    WDHewsonWDHewson
    Participant

Brake light burned out on my 1999 Gen 1 Honda CRV.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
      Participant

Go to your local honda dealer and have them show you the correct bulb, I would buy a OEM honda bulb anyways.

WDHewsonWDHewson
        Participant

Thanks for your reply. I do believe that I have the correct bulb as the code is “7443”, and that is what I have purchased, and it is identical to the OEM “Stanley 7443” in detailed appearance.

But I can’t tell if it is a haolgen, or if it can be installed either of the 180 degree orientations, and whay does it have 4 contact rather than the usual 3 contacts for a classic brake/tail light combination.

twiggytwiggy
          Participant

Can you put up a pic of the 2 bulbs for us to see?

As for the orientation it shouldn’t matter for a non led bulb

WDHewsonWDHewson
            Participant

For some reason I have not had any luck with posting images or links in this site.

But I think I figured out this 7443 bulb. Since the lens assembly is all plasic, there is no sheet metal ground for the traditional bulb metal base.

So two contacts are ground by wire and the other two are for brake and tail lights. And the socket is designed so that the bulb can just be pushed in without thought to orientation.

There is a caution on the packaging that warns against leaving finger prints on the bulb’s glass envelope, so I think it is a halogen.

It all had added up to a working brake light. This car has 260 000 kilometers, and this is the first bulb to burn out. Pretty amazing. But not LED life either.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

Yes you can put those in in either direction, they are NOT halogne but the practice of avoiding getting the oil from your fingers is actually pretty standard when it comes to bulbs as it can create a localized ‘hot spot’ on the bulb that COULD cause premature failure. I believe that to be more of an issue with halogen bulbs however.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…