Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Honda Integra Dc1 1999 Parklight issue

Honda Integra Dc1 1999 Parklight issue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda Integra Dc1 1999 Parklight issue

• Creator
    Topic
    RazimRazim
    Participant

hi guys. i have a 1999 honda integra dc1 type-ti 2 door with park lights not working.
      earlier i had attached 2 wires to the positive and negative connections on my rear park light in order to connect the lights on my speakers so everything will come on together.
      everything worked out great, but recently my brother removed the speakers and didnt tape up the wires. iam not sure if the wires touched and shorted out but all of my park lights and also the fog lights are not working.

so far i have tried looking for the fuses but did not find any blown. i tried to change the switch that controls my park lights but again no luck. all of my bulbs are fine.
      i did notice on the foglight button there is a led which turns on when you turn on the foglight but that led also isnt turning on when i switch it on and off.

does anyone have any ideas because my warrant if fitness is coming up in a few days and really need this one thing fixed

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

If I read you correctly your parking lights aren’t working and this has something to do with a speaker installation? Speaker wire has nothing to do with the parking light circuit so I don’t think that had anything to do with it. Not a bad idea to check ALL the fuses first thing. Here are some videos that I did that may help you also.

Basic Electrical troubleshooting 1

Basic Electrical troubleshooting 2

RazimRazim
        Participant

hey actually the speakers had lights on them. i connected the lights in the parklights circuit. so the lights would turnon when i turned my parklights on

Keymaster

Not a good move in my opinion, you should have run them to one of the spade connections in the fuse box thats’ ignition hot. I’m thinking you either blew a fuse or fried a circuit somewhere. Either way you’ll need a wiring diagram and you’ll have to do some testing to locate the issue.

RazimRazim
            Participant

i have just checked last night and none of the fuses are blown and also the fuse does have current running through it but the lights are not getting any current

Keymaster

Perhaps find a wiring diagram and follow the circuit and find out where you’re loosing your voltage or ground.

http://www.bbbind.com/tech_database.html

RazimRazim
                Participant

hey my dad was truing to figure out why this was happening and we have found out so far that there is continuity throughout the circuit. so we checked out the relay and we found the relay for the fog light which also had the other wires which was connected to the park light on the switch from steering. we opened the the cover and found out that the relay was not engaging, my dad the manually engaged the relay and the fog light turned on. we are going to buy a new relay and that might fix it. but we were not able to get the park light to turn on manually as we were not able to find another switch on the relay. but we think that the wires are not burnt or cut in the middle as we were able to get continuity from the lights to the switch as we used a multimeter and checked for resistance. if there is anything else u can help us on plz do so and BTW the relay number was r2201 i think i will confirm this soon tho.

Keymaster

I would suggest you start your testing at the light itself after checking all the fuses as I showed in the video I posted for you. Save the relay testing till you explore the circuit itself. I did make a video on relay testing.

yelsha cimsiyelsha cimsi
                    Participant

I tested and see no voltage to the right front bumper parking light section. The 3 other bumper lights and blinker are functioning fine

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…