Menu

Honda Jazz P0172 code

• Creator
    Topic
    Nick RaptisNick Raptis
    Participant

Hello from Australia guys.
      I recently had the check light on with code P0172 running rich.
      I have check so far many things and i can’t work it out. I’ve changed spurk plugs and coils cause they’re old. Check with the specs map sensor and also adjust valves too. I’ve inspect on every intake gasket or pipe with throttle cleaner to see for vacuum leak but nothing. I’ve also cleaned the egr but was pretty clean. I’m connecting the car with the obd2 and check for short trim and im running always from -10% to -18%. Of course not to.mention that driving around for work, best i can get from the computer trip is 14 litres per 100kms that is very high for that car. Any idea or anyone had similar problems?

Thank you very much.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

There area few additional things that you may need to check. Is your upstream O2 sensor working correctly. If it is sluggish taht may cause this code. Also, you may need to check the fuel injectors, a slow injector may inject too much fuel. Also, if the coolant temp sensor is bad, it could cause more fuel to be out into the system.

Good luck, let us know what you find.

Nick RaptisNick Raptis
        Participant

Hello Dave, thanks for taking the time to help.
          Coolant temperature seems to work ok when i connect the obd2 computer.
          I haven’t check the injectors to be honest.
          I mean i haven’t pull them off, cause i checked the typical thing with the screwdriver to hear them work and all seems to work the same. Also i have unplug the cable to measure resistance and all 4 are the same 12ohm .
          What i found and surprised me and im not sure if it’s normal, when i was spraying throttle cleaner around the connections etc. To find any vacuum leaks, i found that when i spray inside the EGR valve it sucks it all in and the engine stalls, and also the short term trim from -15% it goes instantly -25%.
          When i say that i spray inside the EGR i mean the holes that have externally the EGR, not from the gasket.
          Do you think that this is normal?
          Is it normal for EGR valve to use air from outside?

Thank you very much.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…