Menu

Honda K2.4 – Blown Headgasket

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda K2.4 – Blown Headgasket

• Creator
    Topic
    DougDoug
    Participant

I just discovered i have a blown headgasket on my Honda 2.4. I’ve only dealt with iron block headgasket replacements in the past so I’m wondering how this will differ on an aluminum block engine. I have the hear removed but engine still in the car. can i check for flatness accurately with a machinist straight edge or does the block need to come out and be milled regardless…

’04 honda element w/130k miles

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      RobRob
      Participant

alot ot times aluminum warps from the heat wich is bad thing about it… but you will have to check it out and remove it and check it for cracks and valve seating… you can do a simple test with a metal statght edge like you where saying with a feeler gauge… I would recomand havinng a machine shop have it checked because you dont want to redo it all over again in like a week because it was warped… also FYI you will need to get new head bolts dont reuse them.. because they are probly streched

RobRob
        Participant

also make sure your engine is in top dead center… I dont know if you car has to take out the cam to do it some cars do

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…