Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Honda Valve Cover – Sealant location

Honda Valve Cover – Sealant location

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda Valve Cover – Sealant location

• Creator
    Topic
    philhphilh
    Participant

Was changing my valve cover gaskets and wanted to confirm where the sealant goes.

Saw the video on the Honda Accord Spark Plug Well Oil Leak Fix and clear that the sealant goes on the gasket so it is between the gasket and cylinder head.

When I took my valve cover off, I noticed that there was also some sealant (from the factory) in the corners between the gasket and valve cover – right at the same spot.

Checked the Honda service manual, and it reads:

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Third GearThird Gear
      Participant

The sealant goes on the cylinder head where the gasket will touch, specifically in the corners where the flat spot meets the half circle that goes over the camshaft. If this doesn’t sound right, tell us the exact car you have.

sometimes I use a little bit of sealant where the gasket rests inside the valve cover so that it doesn’t fall out when I’m installing it.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

Only on the corners where it was originally, don’t go overboard with sealant, it’s just placed at the corners to help seal that area and only sparingly you only need a small dab at each corner.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…