Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • how do I get certified to be a technician?

how do I get certified to be a technician?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Technicians Only how do I get certified to be a technician?

• Creator
    Topic
    AdamAdam
    Participant

I inquired with an oil change shop and they told me once a person gets hired by the company, the person gets sent to a training facility and get trained for and certified to be a technician once the 270 hours of training is done. Is this about right? Where can I get this training outside of the training facility? I’m not trying to get a job at the specific oil change company but this had more to do with maintaining my own car. Do I skip this and take courses at a community college instead or take the free training and get a job for experience?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Caleb StovallCaleb Stovall
      Participant

Maintaining your own car isn’t something you have to be certified to do, you can very much learn everything you need to learn from outside resources.
        As for their courses you would be a technician for them.
        Other than that yes you can take college courses; that will give you a college certificate and some other certificates.
        In order to get your ASE you need 2 year work experience in that field and take whichever tests that apply for you.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…