Got a bit of an issue with the brakes on my Celica I’m having trouble diagnosing, any help appreciated. It’s had spongy brake pedal in the past inspection advisories from a few years ago and no ones bothered to fix it I guess.
– brake pedal feels solid until you start the engine
– holding the pedal and starting the engine, it goes almost to the floor
– it’s drivable, has good initial bite, but needs more pedal force for heavier or longer braking and the pedal ends up near the floor
– bled brakes using two man method in correct order
– bled brakes using one man bleeder in random order
– if I disconnect the vacuum hose going to the booster/servo thing, the pedal remains solid and does not go to the floor
Obviously checked for leaks and there’s nothing, calipers are ok, sliders are free and pistons compress back in fine.
Does this sound like the servo? Is that common?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.