Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • “How To” Find FSM info about any vehicle

“How To” Find FSM info about any vehicle

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Repair Central-The ‘How To’ Forum “How To” Find FSM info about any vehicle

• Creator
    Topic
    John B KobberstadJohn B Kobberstad
    Participant

Went to my local library to kill some time while my wife was getting her hair done.
      Got on one of the library computers and asked one of the staff about accessing databases via the library computers. Found that they give access to AllData Pro (I think that was what it was). Great source of automotive data!! But found out that it was only available with the computers at the local library here in Michigan. Although I can access the library online from home I can not access the AllData Pro from my home computer. Point is you may be able to access AllData Pro for FREE (well maybe not quite free, your tax dollars pay for it)at your local library. I know that next time I will be bringing my 16GB flash drive with me when I go to the library. Check yours too. Great source as the techs here who have it at work will agree.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ErinErin
      Participant

I tried at home with my local library. It said no results found.
        So the question is – when you try to access from home, does it say “no results found” or does it just block access?
        Next time I am at the library I am gonna see if this works.

ErinErin
        Participant

I tried at home with my local library. It said no results found.
          So the question is – when you try to access from home, does it say “no results found” or does it just block access?
          Next time I am at the library I am gonna see if this works.

Participant

Available only at the library. Home access is not available (at least in Michigan it isn’t).

Participant

Available only at the library. Home access is not available (at least in Michigan it isn’t).

dreamer2355dreamer2355
              Participant

We have Alldata at work as well as Identifix. Love them both.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                Participant

We have Alldata at work as well as Identifix. Love them both.

Participant

no longer available at the library in Michigan but may be available in your state

Participant

no longer available at the library in Michigan but may be available in your state

Monty HowardMonty Howard
                      Participant

Libraries do not have many things unless they have a reason to request a book or online access to data from a vendor.

Since many venfors will grant public libraries free access when requested you should ask the person at the library desk how you can make a request to have the library obtain access to the sites you desire to view. It may be as simple as filling out a short form with the contact information of AllDataPro and other similar sites. Be sure you take the contact information with you next time you visit the library so you can complete the requesting process.

Note: Some libraries have an online feature that will allow you to make the request for materials from the comfort of home. It never hurts to be familiar with you library website, take a few minutes to look for the proper forms online, it may save you a trip. You should do this even if you do not have a need for information right away, it takes time (few weeks) before materials or access is normally granted and available for patrons use.

Monty HowardMonty Howard
                        Participant

Libraries do not have many things unless they have a reason to request a book or online access to data from a vendor.

Since many venfors will grant public libraries free access when requested you should ask the person at the library desk how you can make a request to have the library obtain access to the sites you desire to view. It may be as simple as filling out a short form with the contact information of AllDataPro and other similar sites. Be sure you take the contact information with you next time you visit the library so you can complete the requesting process.

Note: Some libraries have an online feature that will allow you to make the request for materials from the comfort of home. It never hurts to be familiar with you library website, take a few minutes to look for the proper forms online, it may save you a trip. You should do this even if you do not have a need for information right away, it takes time (few weeks) before materials or access is normally granted and available for patrons use.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…