Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • how to get accurate ATF level – 2005 honda CRV

how to get accurate ATF level – 2005 honda CRV

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here how to get accurate ATF level – 2005 honda CRV

• Creator
    Topic
    EdwardEdward
    Participant

I Have a 2005 Honda CRV EX AWD – did a drain and fill with DW1 and added the specified 3.3 back into the transmission – started car and ran the trans thru all the gears to distribute fluid and let it warm to operating temperature – turned the car OFF and pulled the dipstick, wiped and checked the the ATF on level ground between 60 and 90 seconds – the fluid is not even touching the bottom of the dipstick – Car has zero leaks – checked after sitting all night when cold and it is exactly even with the top of the XXXX marks on the dipstick – Do I need to add until full when it’s warm (which would be putting in much more than the recommended 3.3 quarts) or are late models different and need to be checked cold? It seems if I add more fluid when warm, that the level would be way over max when cold. I know Hondas are picky on fluid levels and don’t want to over fill or underfill.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…