Menu

Husky Or Craftsman

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk Husky Or Craftsman

• Creator
    Topic
    Frank MaciasFrank Macias
    Participant

I thought craftsman tools were always nice ,which they are but honestly i think husky is looking better n quality too
      what do you guys think ?
      hand tools ect!?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      TyTy
      Participant

Iv had a full Husky set of standard and metric sockets and ratchets for over 12 years now and haven’t broken one of them yet even using them on my 1/2 in impact and almost all of the craftsman ones iv owned have broken as well as all the ratchets.

I can tell you one tool never to buy from craftsman is there chanelock pliers those i can break with one hand and i even proved it to the salesman at sears lol.

James P GrossoJames P Grosso
        Participant

For me, the DIY user, Craftsman tools were sort of the standard most people have because of decent quality and cost, but lately I’m not sure if their quality is getting worse, or the competition is just getting better. I have a few Craftsman sockets where the chrome is flaking off, broken Torx bits, and in a few “kits” unstamped phillips bit (looks like a bullet), and duplicate sockets (Two 12-point, s/b one 12-point and one 6-point sockets in kit.)
          Seems some of the lesser known DIY tool brands are getting better in quality, but sometimes it is still hit or miss depending on the specific tool in question.
          A few years ago, I bought a Channel lock screwdriver set at Sam’s club that I really like.

Sorry about the rambling, have a headace and took some meds.

David DiPetrilloDavid DiPetrillo
          Participant

I have both and they are both pretty nice. My husky top chest is really nice. I think it retails for just over $100.

Husky has really upped their game and is apparently trying harder to be competitive with the bigger diy hobby guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg LGreg L
            Participant

For entry level stuff, Kobalt and Husky would be good starting points. I’m leery of craftsman now

Caleb StovallCaleb Stovall
              Participant

The Craftsman Maxx Access hollow ratchet is pretty cool.
                I picked up a small set for 35 and have been very impressed with it.

That’s about the only craftsman product I’ve been impressed with though.

JonathonJonathon
                Participant

I would go Husky over the new Craftsman stuff. I like my craftsman hand-me downs from dad, but those were the older craftsman tools though. If you’re open to other brands you can look up Tekton. I look up most of the stuff on their website and order it from Amazon as its a bit cheaper.

James O'HaraJames O’Hara
                  Participant

Stay away far away from New Craftsman. Old Craftsman stuff with -V- mark on it is good. The industrial stuff is also good but, way overpriced. The rest is not worth the money. Husky is ok. I am more of a fan of Gearwrench.

NoahNoah
                    Participant

I am very impressed with my craftsman screwdrivers, and I think their socket sets are great for the price. I have been more and more impressed with kobalt lately, especially the fact that lowes carry individual components to their tool kits for the inevitable “car ate my socket”. Need a non deep well 6 point 14mm impact socket? Just stop by lowes.

I am pleased with my husky tool box, in our shop the only tool boxes that didn’t come off the tool trucks are huskys and a couple US generals.

bmcqueenbmcqueen
                      Participant

Most of Husky is made in China now also. Kobalt is made in Taiwan so it’s a better choice. If you have a Menards near you Master force hand tools are made in the USA.

RichardRichard
                        Participant

I used to swear by Craftsman, but now if a Craftsman tool is in need of replacement~They give you a tool that is not Craftsman Brand so you have no guarantee! That has happened on the last three tool I had to return..

What has been you experience?

Joseph MuddJoseph Mudd
                          Participant

Right now, all the hand tools by husky have a forever guarantee so if they ever fail for any reason you can replace them. They aren’t Professional tools and some of their screwdrivers that I own are peeling on their handles, but they are a decent value for growing or starting a tool collection. The only reason I don’t buy more of their tools is because my mother always referred to overweight as husky lol. The link is the Home Depot’s warranty guidelines.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/de/de8723b5-3644-476f-b174-0daeffb42a00.pdf

wafrederickwafrederick
                            Participant

Looks like Craftsman is going to get better,Stanley Black and Decker did buy the Craftsman tool line from Sears.One plan is to send the Chinese made tools back here for production again,Stanley is building tool plants already for the Craftsman tool line and putting our people back to work.

DavidDavid
                              Participant

I really hope that means good things for Craftsman tools – quality took a very definite hit when they moved production to China. If I want tools like that, I will go to Harbor Freight (don’t knock them – while much of their stuff is hit or miss in quality, they have quite a few decent tools there – and they are priced appropriately) – it would definitely be cool if they were made in the USA once again!

I have almost all Craftsman stuff – all USA made tools, except for the odd item that has broken (extensions, for the most part) which were replaced with Chinese stuff (can’t really complain too much… the USA parts did indeed break, but the replacements don’t look very well made)

John R TaylorJohn R Taylor
                                Participant

I’ve had a Husky set for almost 15 years and its never failed me. Can’t comment on their newer kits but mine has been good.

DerekDerek
                                  Participant

Choose both because craftsman has a more complete tool offering but choose husky for sockets and wrenches at least some and the new 100 position ratchets are not bad I have one in my mix. Get craftsman pliers they are sweet some are rebranded knipex cobras which are nice but high dollar, I like kobalt more right now with ratchets also but don’t like anything else. Craftsman has alot to offer its just mostly Chinese tools but most are as the husky tools are made by stanley and kobalt is made by rotor and craftsman danaher, just cherry pick bottom line .

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…