Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • I own a 2000 Honda Accord Sedan 5 Speed Manual

I own a 2000 Honda Accord Sedan 5 Speed Manual

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge What Are You Working On? I own a 2000 Honda Accord Sedan 5 Speed Manual

• Creator
    Topic
    HunterHunter
    Participant

Greetings from Lansing, Michigan!
      So I own a 2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan 5 speed manual, with a bone stock F22B1 VTEC engine and everything about the car is pretty bone stock hahaha. It’s got about over 200,000 miles on it, it still runs like new and I was just wondering… The engine.. Umm… Is it built to handle high RPMs? Sorry, I’m very new to these things Lol. I just absolutely LOVE the sound of it when I hit the high RPMs but I’m just scared to do it like every once in awhile. I don’t want the engine to die! Hahaha. The oil is always checked by the way heheh. –Hunter

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

I would be careful red lining the car with 200k.
        As long as your not beating on the car it should
        be alright for a spirited ride.

PaulinePauline
        Participant

I know what you mean..I live in a valley far away from the highways but we do have long winding roads AND every once in awhile I got to get out there rev it up and squeal/screech my tires mmm can smell the burning rubber now.. I think its a MUST! Not to mention the guys that want to race me ha ha! Sometimes, I’ll go for it, cant help myself..their cars are newer than mine but my 1990 Honda Accord kicks butt! she’s the best in the Northwest! hahaha when I die, she will probably still be going strong! Seriously PJ 🙂

zerozero
          Participant

The old Honda 4’s are built to rev freely and high. As Collegeman suggested, I wouldn’t try to bounce it off the redline. That being said a guy I work with has a similarly aged CRV and he openly says he hits the rev limiter at least 3 times a day.

That High RPM sound is the VTEC. Since your car has proper VTEC there’s a noticeable difference.

PaulinePauline
            Participant

Lol Yeah?

Dean BibbyDean Bibby
              Participant

I have owned a 2000 Accord. Since you live in a RUST BELT state this series of the Accord are known to prematurely rust out the ‘K-Frame’ that supports all the suspension parts in the front end. Consequently if you don’t know what condition your ‘K-Frame’ is in when you { go busting a move} just for fun well…. just sayin BEWARE!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…