Menu

Induction Cleaning “Service”

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Induction Cleaning “Service”

• Creator
    Topic
    rice400rice400
    Participant

just padding their pockets

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      jacobnbr1jacobnbr1
      Participant

It is highly unlikely that the carbon has built up in that short period of time. In my experience the effects of an induction clean is only felt when the vehicle has never had a cleaning and the mileage is above 100k. Put a can of bg44k in with a full tank of fuel.

johnzcarzjohnzcarz
        Participant

Quoted From rice400:

just padding their pockets

T) At that mileage I agree.

619DioFan619DioFan
          Participant

Change the air filter… yes !

109.00 for a cleaning service… no ! as was stated… put a good quality fuel system cleaner in your full tank and you will be fine.

LonestartechLonestartech
            Participant

Put your hand on your wallet ( or purse) and run, run, run! At 28,000 miles you shouldn’r need it. And you might want to find another place to get your vehicle serviced W;)

NarffalotNarffalot
              Participant

Hello everyone, first time posting here so please be gentle if I miscommunicate certain things as I am by no means a car junkie.

twiggytwiggy
                Participant

I would put in a complaint with the owner or manager of the dealership. Not the service manager. I have always gotten their attention this way.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                  Keymaster

Yes I’m with the group on this one as this would be the classic “upsell”. However when the time does come and you feel you need to clean the top end of the engine I preferr to use that type of service over poring something in your tank to do the job. The stuff you pour in your tank is just not as effective. You might think about that type of service around 60-80K but not 28K.

NarffalotNarffalot
                    Participant

Guys, thanks for the help and advice. I really can’t say thank you enough. @twiggy I will try talking to the manager and what not but since it was a dealer, I seriously doubt that they will care much less do anything.

RichardRichard
                      Participant

What about a vehicle that has over 100k? Is it worth the $180 for a vehicle with 155k miles to do an induction and injector cleaning?

RichardRichard
                        Participant

What about a vehicle that has over 100k? Is it worth the $180 for a vehicle with 155k miles to do an induction and injector cleaning?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…