Menu

Intermittent starting

• Creator
    Topic
    AnthonyAnthony
    Participant

2006 Honda Civic. Can’t figure this one out.So a few months ago I noticed the car was starting up weird and then after some time wouldn’t start at all. Just clicked no crank. Did some research and pin pointed it to the starter. Replaced that. It started for maybe a month. Problem solved right.NOPE. one day go to start it click again no start. Great.. noticed the negative cable wasn’t tightening down all the way. Replaced the cable. Started for maybe a week every time. Then one day CLICK AGAIN! If I sit there and turn the key it’ll eventually start. Then it’ll start for like a week with no issues and eventually fail to start again. Battery was tested and just a year old. Weird thing though is I’ve tried to jump it on 2 occasions and it started. Not too sure that was a coincidence. Starting to think it wasn’t. I thought maybe ignition switch but when the car does its no crank thing even my remote start doesn’t work. Could it be a bad connection to the starter?? Thanks for reading!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Patrick WilliamsPatrick Williams
      Participant

I actually just fixed a friend’s accord that had the symptoms as yours. It was actually one of Eric’s videos that pushed me in the right direction regarding the real issue. I was worried iit was going to be something big like a fuel pump, but turns out it was a bad relay!

It’s definitely worth looking into, no start issues due to electrical gremlins are the worst.

AnthonyAnthony
        Participant

Ok I’ll look into that. Yea just just the oddest thing. I haven’t been driving it to work because I don’t wanna get stranded in the parking lot just in case, but for shits and giggles everyday when I get home I start it and it starts every time 😆. I just know when I take it somewhere far is the day it won’t start. Smh

Brandon .Brandon Sobania
          Participant

I would double check all the cable connections are clean and tight.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…