Menu

Is buying a 2004 Crown Vic ok?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars Is buying a 2004 Crown Vic ok?

• Creator
    Topic
    Jeremy GordonJeremy Gordon
    Participant

So, I’ve been surfing around the web and I think I found my next car: the 2004 Ford Crown Victoria. I chose the 2004 edition because everyone seems to agree that this is the best before everything got “too electronic” and I chose the Crown Victoria for one reason: it is one of the easiest cars to work on it. Why is it so easy to work on it? The police Crown Vic’s took bullets, collisions, fires, and the works. For this reason Ford wanted to make the cars really easy to repair.

So… what do you guys think? Should I get one? How much should I pay for it? Thanks guys!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nicholas ClarkNicholas Clark
      Participant

Is it an ex-police car? I mean those things get beat on. They hold up to it, but you will have to do some repairs after you get your hands on it.

Participant

[quote=”Hockeyclark” post=175791]Is it an ex-police car? I mean those things get beat on. They hold up to it, but you will have to do some repairs after you get your hands on it.[/quote]

Currently none of the ones I am looking at are ex-police, and I would only get one of those from a government website for like $800.

Nicholas ClarkNicholas Clark
          Participant

I do like me a panther body. I wouldn’t worry about it. Grab one. Avoid the 05-06 ones though. They were transition years. 07+ are good too if you can get a good price on this.

MikeMike
            Participant

[quote=”Hockeyclark” post=176591]I do like me a panther body. I wouldn’t worry about it. Grab one. Avoid the 05-06 ones though. They were transition years. 07+ are good too if you can get a good price on this.[/quote]

I would stay away from anything from ’08 or later. That’s when the Crown Vic was removed from the showroom floor, and became available as a “fleet” vehicle only. It pretty much guarantees that you’ll be getting an old police cruiser, a taxi or a rental fleet vehicle.

Participant

Thanks guys!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…