Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Is turtle wax alright to use on Hondas?

Is turtle wax alright to use on Hondas?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The Body Shop Is turtle wax alright to use on Hondas?

• Creator
    Topic
    bk7794bk7794
    Participant

So I know it seems like a silly question but it’s kind of been concerning me a bit. I was wondering if brands like Turtle Wax, Mothers, etc. is alright to use on Honda paint and clear coat. I just recently bought a 2000 Civic and I want to keep it looking good. I always use a paste wax rather than the spray on liquid wax. Specifically I’ll be using the Turtle Wax brand, do you think I should have any issues? I hear that sometimes waxes and polishes and such don’t always work well with all types of manufacturers paints. Just want a second opinion.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jeff M.Jeff M.
      Participant

I don’t see why not,I’m not sure what maker of paint Honda uses but I’ve never heard of anyone having a problem wax/polish related ruining paint. I have a lot of friends who own honda’s and many are show cars whether be custom or strictly jdm and they never complain about that sorta thing. The only suggestion I will say is if your not that great with a buffer,let a pro do it because you can burn the clear/paint down to the metal.

BillBill
        Participant

As long as you’re waxing by hand Turtle should be just fine.

bk7794bk7794
          Participant

Alright, Thanks for your advice! I only wax it by hand anyways.

TimTim
            Participant

Good posts.
              Hand rubbing.
              I say pull it in the shade.
              Wash it good and chamois dry.
              Use a cleaner/wax on older oxidized paint.
              If ya want to go a step further finish with a carnuba wax be it Meguirs, Turtle, or whatever.
              I personally think the best on an already shiny finish is 3m hand glaze to bring ou th best shine. Then a carnuba wax to seal it. .
              Just my opinion.

cb7ftwcb7ftw
              Participant

Use car wash soap, so you don’t remove old wax. If you use dishwashing soap, it will remove the car wax. If a car is really dirty i’ll use dishwashing soap to remover everything, and put a good coat of Turtle Wax on. Do it in the shade. Then, you can just wash with car soap and wax as needed.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…