Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Jeep grand cherokee 4.0 and 4.7 coil springs

Jeep grand cherokee 4.0 and 4.7 coil springs

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Jeep grand cherokee 4.0 and 4.7 coil springs

• Creator
    Topic
    Conrad HutchingsConrad Hutchings
    Participant

I have a 2002 jeep grand cherokee 4.0 woth the stock coils under it is there a diffrent between them on the 4.0 and the 4.7 with looking at them the ones from the 4.7 look a little bigger will that make a diffrents of i put thoses on my 4.0

Thanks Huchters358

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

Not sure if they will fit/work.

Participant

So you are saying try it and see if they fit in the jeep

Jonathan StiverJonathan Stiver
          Participant

There are a few different stock springs that the WJ came with, but the engine doesn’t necessarily indicate which springs the truck came with. They are fit the same and are interchangeable, but it’s hard to know what a spring is and especially with age what effect it’ll have. The only substantially different stock suspension setup that was available was the Up Country suspension package that included different shocks as well. It rides about 1″ higher and rides a little firmer. My brother’s 04 has it, my 01 doesn’t. Now, as for aftermarket suspension, I’m sure there’s all kinds of setups.

http://wjjeeps.com/upcountry.htm

Participant

like i got a 2000 jeep grand Cherokee limted and how can u tell if it has the country superstition and on my 4.0 jeep grand Cherokee lardro the coils on my 4.0 look to be smaller as the lick nose of the coils go but i don’t know what to say

Thanks Huchters358

Participant

One easy way to tell if you might have the up country suspension is if you have the factory tow hooks and skid plates. It is possible to have these and NOT have up country suspension from the factory, but not the other way around. The only other way is to compare part #s or get a build sheet from jeep/Chrysler. However at this age it’s easily possible someone changed out the factory suspension either way.

Participant

my jeep dose not have the up country coils but my parts jeep has it and the backs fit so far and i just have the front to put in and i hope they fit and i punned off all the skid plates off and put them on my other jeep if it will all fit

Thanks Huchters3588

Participant

Oh cool, just make sure you use the same shock & spring combo, the Up Country shocks are monotube and are setup for the higher ride height.

Participant

I am not running the up contry stocks on it becaue i have a 2 inch spacer in them with pro comp 9000 shocks in it

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…