Menu

Jobs????

• Creator
    Topic
    jeep72jeep72
    Participant

Hi Any one know if anyone is hiring for an entry level auto tech in Chicago or near Chicago? Been looking and filling got ads online just can’t seem to find a job. What the hell is it me???? 🙁

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      CarlosCarlos
      Participant

Sorry to hear that. Need to move to Texas. There a shortage of automotive technician. Most have left to join the oil boom. :woohoo:

Kevin CriswellKevin Criswell
        Participant

[quote=”jeep72″ post=76554]Hi Any one know if anyone is hiring for an entry level auto tech in Chicago or near Chicago? Been looking and filling got ads online just can’t seem to find a job. What the hell is it me???? :([/quote]

Right now depending on where you are the field is saturated. Here in middle TN there are tons of shops, but very little demand for techs. Sadly I have noticed most of the techs here are woefully unqualified to work on modern vehicles. Keep up looking, keep up on learning and as the fleet of cars slowly gets newer there will be a huge demand for qualified technicians.

jeep72jeep72
          Participant

Any advice for a entry level tech to finding work? 🙁

Participant

[quote=”jeep72″ post=76899]Any advice for a entry level tech to finding work? :([/quote]

Dress professionally and be honest about your skill level when talking to shops. If you are not ASE certified (and am planning to become certified) let the interviewing shop know after you complete your two year mandatory on the job time, you plan to take the tests.

jeep72jeep72
              Participant

Where to look for work as a entry level tech? I tryed close to where I live and online. monster.com careerbuilder.com. any thing else I don’t know about?

MattMatt
                Participant

Craigslist has alot of listings here…..tell them your willing to start off busting tires, changing oil and holding the flashlight for the techs., and tell them you will get ase certs.. Thats what i had to do. 10 years later Im the lead tech.

Participant

[quote=”PsychoticMechanic” post=77686]Craigslist has alot of listings here…..tell them your willing to start off busting tires, changing oil and holding the flashlight for the techs., and tell them you will get ase certs.. Thats what i had to do. 10 years later Im the lead tech.[/quote]

Same here, when I left the Army as a helicopter tech, a shop took a chance on me and when the owner passed away and his family decided to sell it 8 years later, I was running it.

jeep72jeep72
                    Participant

Just start doing that I hope it pans out.

W00DBar0nW00DBar0n
                      Participant

Most of the advice has been said…
                        [quote=”DonPedro” post=76575]Sorry to hear that. Need to move to Texas. There a shortage of automotive technician. Most have left to join the oil boom. :woohoo:[/quote]
                        Sometimes you gotta go where the work is, its what i did. Not easy but can be worth it in the long run. I make 8$ more then i would if i found a job back home.

dandan

i feel your pain, i am no longer working as a mechanic, where i live there aren’t many mechanic jobs sometimes you have to go where the jobs are…

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…