Menu

Jump starter/booster pack

• Creator
    Topic
    Jamie TackettJamie Slone
    Participant

Hey,
      So I recently purchased one of those small booster packs and was just wondering how I could test it to see if it is any good before putting too much trust in it on a trip. I was thinking just unhook my trucks battery and hook the booster pack straight to the cables to see if it has the capability to start the truck?! Would I fry anything by doing that?

Appreciate any suggestions. Take care

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      jaxer smithjaxer smith
      Participant

You would not fry anything doing that. As long as you keep them from touching each other. Sounds like a great test. Let us know if it works and if so what model jump pack you tested.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
        Participant

Before attempting such a test I would advise going through the instruction manual and see if there is any mention of that possible situation.
          Or contact customer service and inquire if the unit is capable of that without causing damage to it.

Best to have a clue before hand, than find you voided any warranty by doing something the jump pack was never designed for.

Jamie TackettJamie Slone
          Participant

Hey thanks for the replies. I’ll definitely let you know how it works when I test it this weekend.

I don’t see anything in the manual about trying that, but without a dead battery, I am open to suggestions. Not sure how else I could try it. I just like to test anything I buy and as far as booster packs go, I know a couple of people that have been stranded because the boosters they had didn’t perform as advertised.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…