Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • knocking in rear passenger wheel area

knocking in rear passenger wheel area

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here knocking in rear passenger wheel area

• Creator
    Topic
    AB1AB1
    Participant

hello to all,

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      rice400rice400
      Participant

Check the brakes and hardware to make sure nothing is loose or missing. Also check for any rocks or other debris that could be causing the noise. What do you mean the wheel rocks a little, do you mean when its on the car and the lug nuts are torqued down it has some looseness? Could be a bad wheel bearing

college mancollege man

sounds like the rear axle seal is leaking and the rear
          bearing is bad. what needs to be determined is it brake
          fluid or rear diff gear oil leaking. gear oil has a distinct smell.(stinks)
          you need to do a good visual to determine which one.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
          Participant

Great post above.

You may need to clean the area fully unless the fluid leak is easy to pinpoint.

Keep us posted!

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

Not sure if that one is FWD or RWD if I’m honest but if it’s RWD and you have a rear axle assembly it could be that it’s leaking and contaminating the brakes, not sure if that would be the source of the noise however if the axle bearing had failed it could account for a noise like that. If it’s FWD then I would suggest checking the brakes first and also checking the wheel bearing as mentioned for the RWD version as wheel bearings can cause noises like that. I’m not sure what the oil could be from if it’s FWD however.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…